* nnir and non-gmane group detection
@ 2010-12-04 23:32 Tibor Simko
From: Tibor Simko @ 2010-12-04 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello:

The following change altered the way non-gmane nntp groups are detected
in nnir:

: commit 54d0fc58736fca0b48da2e443232c50df0d537cb
: Author: Andrew Cohen <cohen@andy.bu.edu>
: Date:   Thu Dec 2 15:03:02 2010 -0500
:
:     Allow modified summary-line-format in nnir summary buffers.
:
: [...]
:
:  ;; gmane interface
:  (defun nnir-run-gmane (query srv &optional groups)
:    "Run a search against a gmane back-end server."
: -  (if (gnus-string-match-p "gmane" srv)
: +  (if (gnus-string-match-p "gmane.org$" srv)
:        (let* ((case-fold-search t)
:              (qstring (cdr (assq 'query query)))
:              (server (cadr (gnus-server-to-method srv)))

The above bit makes nnir think my gmane groups are actually non-gmane.
Note that I'm using:

   (nntp "gmane" (nntp-address "news.gmane.org"))

in `gnus-secondary-select-methods'.

It would be good to make the test less strict again and/or more
configurable.

Best regards
--
Tibor Simko

* Re: nnir and non-gmane group detection
@ 2010-12-05  0:00 ` Andrew Cohen
From: Andrew Cohen @ 2010-12-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

    Tibor> Hello: The following change altered the way non-gmane nntp
    Tibor> groups are detected in nnir:

    Tibor>    (nntp "gmane" (nntp-address "news.gmane.org"))

    Tibor> in `gnus-secondary-select-methods'.

Oops, I pushed the wrong thing---its supposed to check that the server's
nntp-address matches gmane.org.

I'll push a fix soon.

Thanks,

Andy

* Re: nnir and non-gmane group detection
@ 2010-12-05  0:10 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2010-12-05  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> The above bit makes nnir think my gmane groups are actually non-gmane.
> Note that I'm using:

>    (nntp "gmane" (nntp-address "news.gmane.org"))

> in `gnus-secondary-select-methods'.

> It would be good to make the test less strict again and/or more
> configurable.

If the test checked that the backend was nntp and then checked if
nntp-address contains gmane.org, then that should be robust enough to
handle all gmane backend configurations?

* Re: nnir and non-gmane group detection
@ 2010-12-05  3:38   ` Andrew Cohen
From: Andrew Cohen @ 2010-12-05  3:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

    Tibor> Hello: The following change altered the way non-gmane nntp
    Tibor> groups are detected in nnir:

    Tibor> (nntp "gmane" (nntp-address "news.gmane.org"))

    Andrew> I'll push a fix soon.

And so pushed. Let me know if you still have problems with it.

* Re: nnir and non-gmane group detection
@ 2010-12-05 19:47     ` Tibor Simko
From: Tibor Simko @ 2010-12-05 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sun, 05 Dec 2010, Andrew Cohen wrote:
> And so pushed.

Thanks, works fine.

Best regards
--