* setting gnus-simplify-subject-functions for a single group?
@ 2002-02-07 15:09 Steinar Bang
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Steinar Bang @ 2002-02-07 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it possible to set gnus-simplify-subject-functions for a single
group?  Eg. in the Group Parameters of a group?

Does anyone have a quick little function for removing a group tag from
a subject, they'd like to share?

Thanx!

- Steinar

* Re: setting gnus-simplify-subject-functions for a single group?
@ 2002-02-07 15:59 ` Charles Sebold
From: Charles Sebold @ 2002-02-07 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 25 Shevat 5762, Steinar Bang wrote:

> Is it possible to set gnus-simplify-subject-functions for a single
> group?  Eg. in the Group Parameters of a group?

Yes, I've done it for several groups.  In my .gnus I have something like
this for the TRU-64 managers group (which has few "RE:" but lots of
"SUMMARY:" subject lines, and few people reply to their own queries so
threading doesn't work automagically):

(defun crs-gnus-simplify-subject-summary (subject)
  "Remove \"Summary:\" from subject lines."
  (if (string-match "[Ss][Uu][Mm]+[Aa][Rr][Yy]: " subject)
      (substring subject (match-end 0))
    subject))

And in the group parameters:

(gnus-simplify-subject-functions
  '(crs-gnus-simplify-subject-summary))

> Does anyone have a quick little function for removing a group tag from
> a subject, they'd like to share?

Not specifically, but you can probably get the idea from what I did
above.
--
Charles Sebold                                      25th of Shevat, 5762

* Re: setting gnus-simplify-subject-functions for a single group?
@ 2002-02-07 16:09 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2002-02-07 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

> Is it possible to set gnus-simplify-subject-functions for a single
> group?  Eg. in the Group Parameters of a group?
>
> Does anyone have a quick little function for removing a group tag from
> a subject, they'd like to share?

How about using gnus-list-identifiers to remove group tags?

ShengHuo

* Re: setting gnus-simplify-subject-functions for a single group?
@ 2002-02-07 16:46 ` Matt Armstrong
From: Matt Armstrong @ 2002-02-07 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

> Is it possible to set gnus-simplify-subject-functions for a single
> group?  Eg. in the Group Parameters of a group?

I *think* you can set arbitrary variables in group parameters.  The
info docs probably have the details.

> Does anyone have a quick little function for removing a group tag
> from a subject, they'd like to share?

(setq gnus-list-identifiers
      '("\\[CLUE-\\(Talk\\|Tech\\)\\]"
	"\\[ruby-talk:[0-9]+\\]"
	"\\[linux-elitists\\]"
	"\\[users\\]"
	"(keitai-l)"
	"\\[THTTPD\\]"
	"\\[Prcs-list\\]"
	"\\[fetchmail\\]"
	"\\[spamtools\\]"
	"\\[Bitkeeper-users\\]"))

--
matt

* Re: setting gnus-simplify-subject-functions for a single group?
@ 2002-02-07 19:55   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2002-02-07 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

>> Is it possible to set gnus-simplify-subject-functions for a single
>> group?  Eg. in the Group Parameters of a group?

>> Does anyone have a quick little function for removing a group tag from
>> a subject, they'd like to share?

> How about using gnus-list-identifiers to remove group tags?

That was indeed the trick.

Putting
	(gnus-list-identifiers "DOCBOOK-APPS:")
in the group parameters of
	nntp+news.gnus.org:gmane.text.docbook.apps
was enough to remove the tags of that group, while at the same time
not setting the value globally.

Thanx for all replies!