* Re: Gnus search engine returns "Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages"
@ 2023-08-06  2:30 Husain Alshehhi
From: Husain Alshehhi @ 2023-08-06  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: ding

> A second thought (having already responded): do the search engines have
> a minimum word size that is used for indexing terms?  It could be that
> "hi" is too short.

I tried different subject lines which I am certain exist in the group
but with no luck. I tried long and short words. MU does not have any
limits on words, and I tried the mu cli and it worked there. Just not in
GNUS.

* Re: Gnus search engine returns "Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages"
@ 2023-08-07 23:27 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2023-08-07 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Husain Alshehhi; +Cc: Eric S Fraga, ding

Husain Alshehhi <husain@alshehhi.io> writes:

> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> A second thought (having already responded): do the search engines have
>> a minimum word size that is used for indexing terms?  It could be that
>> "hi" is too short.
>
> I tried different subject lines which I am certain exist in the group
> but with no luck. I tried long and short words. MU does not have any
> limits on words, and I tried the mu cli and it worked there. Just not in
> GNUS.

If you can show me some sample CLI output from a working mu search, I
can try debugging from there.

Eric

* Re: Gnus search engine returns "Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages"
@ 2023-09-12  4:55 Husain Alshehhi
From: Husain Alshehhi @ 2023-09-12  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

husain@alshehhi.io writes:

> Hello,
>
> When I try to run gnus-group-read-ephemeral-search-group (bound to G G)
> in the group buffer with the queries "hi", "subject:hi" I get
>
>         Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages
>
> I am not sure what is wrong. The relevant config is
>
>         (gnus-parameters
>            '(("@alshehhi.io"
>               (gnus-search-engine gnus-search-mu)
>               (display . all))))
>
> I am getting this error regardless of the gnus-search-engine I use, and
> regardless of whether I use gnus-search-use-parsed-queries or not. Any
> idea what could be wrong here?

Does anyone have a working example of mu setup?

Husain

* Re: Gnus search engine returns "Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages"
@ 2023-08-30 21:49         ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2023-08-30 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:
>
>> "Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> writes:
>>

>>> I am also experiencing the same error.  My configuration had been
>>> working fine for years, but after updating Debian from 11 to 12 and
>>> hence Emacs from 27.1 to 28.2 I now have this problem.  The issue
>>> arises with both imap and nntp groups.
>>>
>>> This is what appears in *Messages* with gnus-verbose set to 10:
>>>
>>>   Retrieving newsgroup: nnselect:nnselect-87v8dpn1ch.fsf...
>>>   Opening server fu_exchange
>>>   Searching nnimap+fu_exchange:HPC...done
>>>   Group nnselect:nnselect-87v8dpn1ch.fsf contains no messages
>>>
>> Same problem here with Emacs 30.0.50.
>>
>> The relevant parts of my config are:
>>
>> (setq gnus-search-default-engines
>>       '((nnml . gnus-search-notmuch)
>> 	(nntp . gnus-search-notmuch)
>> 	(nnimap . gnus-search-imap)
>> 	(nnfolder . gnus-search-notmuch)
>> 	(nndraft . gnus-search-notmuch)
>> 	(nnarchive . gnus-search-notmuch)
>>         (nnselect . gnus-search-nnselect)
>> 	(nnmaildir . gnus-search-notmuch)))
>>
>> (setq gnus-search-use-parsed-queries t)
>>
>> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
>>       '((nnmaildir "Academie" (directory "~/email/Maildir-mbsync/Academie")
>> 		   (gnus-search-engine gnus-search-notmuch
>>  		     		           (remove-prefix "~/email/Maildir-mbsync/Academie")))))
>>

> I finally got it working with :
>
> (nnmaildir "Academie"
>               (directory "/home/wilk/email/Maildir-mbsync/Academie")
> 	      (gnus-search-engine gnus-search-notmuch
> 				  (remove-prefix "/home/wilk/email/Maildir-mbsync/Academie"))
>
> Don't know what's different except the explicit "/home/wilk/" instead of
> "~/". Maybe I tweaked something else under the hood during my various changes…

I'm glad it's working, though I sure hope that wasn't the problem, as I
went to some lengths to make it work with relative paths like this. If
at any point you confirm that this was the issue, I'd like to know so I
can go back and try again.

Thanks,
Eric

* Re: Gnus search engine returns "Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages"
                         ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2023-08-26 16:26       ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2023-08-26 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

--
Julien Cubizolles

* Re: Gnus search engine returns "Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages"
@ 2023-08-26 15:54           ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2023-08-26 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

James Thomas <jimjoe@gmx.net> writes:

> James Thomas wrote:
>
>> Julien Cubizolles wrote:
>>
>>> Same problem here with Emacs 30.0.50.
>>>
>>> The relevant parts of my config are:
>>>
>>> (setq gnus-search-default-engines
>>>       '((nnml . gnus-search-notmuch)
>>> 	(nntp . gnus-search-notmuch)
>>> 	(nnimap . gnus-search-imap)
>>> 	(nnfolder . gnus-search-notmuch)
>>> 	(nndraft . gnus-search-notmuch)
>>> 	(nnarchive . gnus-search-notmuch)
>>>         (nnselect . gnus-search-nnselect)
>>> 	(nnmaildir . gnus-search-notmuch)))
>>>
>>> (setq gnus-search-use-parsed-queries t)
>>>
>>> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
>>>       '((nnmaildir "Academie" (directory "~/email/Maildir-mbsync/Academie")
>>> 		   (gnus-search-engine gnus-search-notmuch
>>>  		     		           (remove-prefix "~/email/Maildir-mbsync/Academie")))))
>>>

>>> On a given group from the Academie maildir, I always get the "contains
>>> no messages" whatever the query. notmuch returns plenty of messages
>>> whose filenames, as given by ‘notmuch-show-stash-filename’ are of the
>>> form:
>>>
>>> Stashed: /home/wilk/email/Maildir-mbsync/Academie/General/cur/1692854503.M508606P40464Q3.sadhill,U=40:2,
>>
>> Try setting the 'config-file' option explicitly. A quick glance at the
>> code suggests that leaving it blank is not allowed.
>
> No sorry, the problem could be that 'remove-prefix' needs an absolute
> name (without ~).

The prefix gets run through:

(setq prefix (file-name-as-directory
                (expand-file-name "~/email/Maildir-mbsync/Academie" "/")))

so I wouldn't expect that to be the problem.

* Re: Gnus search engine returns "Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages"
@ 2023-08-26 15:52       ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2023-08-26 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> "Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> writes:
>

>> I am also experiencing the same error.  My configuration had been
>> working fine for years, but after updating Debian from 11 to 12 and
>> hence Emacs from 27.1 to 28.2 I now have this problem.  The issue
>> arises with both imap and nntp groups.
>>
>> This is what appears in *Messages* with gnus-verbose set to 10:
>>
>>   Retrieving newsgroup: nnselect:nnselect-87v8dpn1ch.fsf...
>>   Opening server fu_exchange
>>   Searching nnimap+fu_exchange:HPC...done
>>   Group nnselect:nnselect-87v8dpn1ch.fsf contains no messages
>>
> Same problem here with Emacs 30.0.50.
>
> The relevant parts of my config are:
>
> (setq gnus-search-default-engines
>       '((nnml . gnus-search-notmuch)
> 	(nntp . gnus-search-notmuch)
> 	(nnimap . gnus-search-imap)
> 	(nnfolder . gnus-search-notmuch)
> 	(nndraft . gnus-search-notmuch)
> 	(nnarchive . gnus-search-notmuch)
>         (nnselect . gnus-search-nnselect)
> 	(nnmaildir . gnus-search-notmuch)))
>
> (setq gnus-search-use-parsed-queries t)
>
> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
>       '((nnmaildir "Academie" (directory "~/email/Maildir-mbsync/Academie")
> 		   (gnus-search-engine gnus-search-notmuch
>  		     		           (remove-prefix "~/email/Maildir-mbsync/Academie")))))
>

> On a given group from the Academie maildir, I always get the "contains
> no messages" whatever the query. notmuch returns plenty of messages
> whose filenames, as given by ‘notmuch-show-stash-filename’ are of the
> form:
>
> Stashed: /home/wilk/email/Maildir-mbsync/Academie/General/cur/1692854503.M508606P40464Q3.sadhill,U=40:2,

Hey! What would be most helpful is to see what the notmuch process
returns to Emacs, so that we can see if it's a failure to parse that
output or what.

First of all, I've recently (just a few days ago) added a little bit of
extra logging around this code. If you're using Emacs from master and
have recently updated, you can set `gnus-verbose' >= 7, and it will
message how many results the search engine returned, and how many
results Gnus was able to extract from that. Look for strings like Search
engine returned %d results. So that might at least narrow down where to
look.

In your case, it sounds like notmuch is returning results. Perhaps the
easiest thing to do would be to run notmuch on the command line the same
way that Gnus runs it. That would look like:

notmuch --config=<config_file> search --output files --duplicate=1 <query_string>

That might show you something right there. If that looks correct, maybe
you could send me a sample of the results, either on- or off-list, and I
can confirm that Gnus is able to parse them.

gnus-search-notmuch-config-file defaults to ~/.notmuch-config, I'm
actually not sure what happens if that file doesn't exist, so that's
something to consider as well.

Thanks,
Eric

* Re: Gnus search engine returns "Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages"
@ 2023-08-26 13:51         ` James Thomas
From: James Thomas @ 2023-08-26 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Cubizolles; +Cc: ding

@ 2023-08-26 13:25       ` James Thomas
From: James Thomas @ 2023-08-26 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Cubizolles; +Cc: ding

@ 2023-08-25 12:30           ` Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2023-08-25 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> "Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> writes:
>

>> In my case the problem turned out to be that I was querying an Exchange
>> server and that these are unable to deal with queries in UTF-8.  There
>> is a discussion regarding the issue here:
>>
>>   https://www.mail-archive.com/info-gnus-english@gnu.org/msg14117.html
>>
>> The fix given there is contained in Emacs 29, but maybe there has been a
>> regression for Emacs 30?
>
> Thanks for the pointer but I don't think that's what's causing my
> problem since I'm using gnus-search-notmuch on a maildir method.
>
> However, do you remember how you investigated the gnus-search process to
> pinpoint this error ?

I realized the problem did not occur with other, non-Exchange mail
accounts and so I asked one of the Exchange administrators (a colleague)
to log the IMAP query.  That gave me the error about the charset not
being supported.  Searching for that error lead me to the link above.

Cheers,

Loris

--
This signature is currently under constuction.

* Re: Gnus search engine returns "Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages"
@ 2023-08-25 11:44         ` Julien Cubizolles
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2023-08-25 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

"Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> writes:

> In my case the problem turned out to be that I was querying an Exchange
> server and that these are unable to deal with queries in UTF-8.  There
> is a discussion regarding the issue here:
>
>   https://www.mail-archive.com/info-gnus-english@gnu.org/msg14117.html
>
> The fix given there is contained in Emacs 29, but maybe there has been a
> regression for Emacs 30?

Thanks for the pointer but I don't think that's what's causing my
problem since I'm using gnus-search-notmuch on a maildir method.

However, do you remember how you investigated the gnus-search process to
pinpoint this error ?
--
Julien Cubizolles

* Re: Gnus search engine returns "Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages"
@ 2023-08-25  5:58       ` Loris Bennett
                         ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Loris Bennett @ 2023-08-25  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> "Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> writes:
>

>> I am also experiencing the same error.  My configuration had been
>> working fine for years, but after updating Debian from 11 to 12 and
>> hence Emacs from 27.1 to 28.2 I now have this problem.  The issue
>> arises with both imap and nntp groups.
>>
>> This is what appears in *Messages* with gnus-verbose set to 10:
>>
>>   Retrieving newsgroup: nnselect:nnselect-87v8dpn1ch.fsf...
>>   Opening server fu_exchange
>>   Searching nnimap+fu_exchange:HPC...done
>>   Group nnselect:nnselect-87v8dpn1ch.fsf contains no messages
>>
> Same problem here with Emacs 30.0.50.
>
> The relevant parts of my config are:
>
> (setq gnus-search-default-engines
>       '((nnml . gnus-search-notmuch)
> 	(nntp . gnus-search-notmuch)
> 	(nnimap . gnus-search-imap)
> 	(nnfolder . gnus-search-notmuch)
> 	(nndraft . gnus-search-notmuch)
> 	(nnarchive . gnus-search-notmuch)
>         (nnselect . gnus-search-nnselect)
> 	(nnmaildir . gnus-search-notmuch)))
>
> (setq gnus-search-use-parsed-queries t)
>
> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
>       '((nnmaildir "Academie" (directory "~/email/Maildir-mbsync/Academie")
> 		   (gnus-search-engine gnus-search-notmuch
>  		     		           (remove-prefix "~/email/Maildir-mbsync/Academie")))))
>

> On a given group from the Academie maildir, I always get the "contains
> no messages" whatever the query. notmuch returns plenty of messages
> whose filenames, as given by ‘notmuch-show-stash-filename’ are of the
> form:
>
> Stashed: /home/wilk/email/Maildir-mbsync/Academie/General/cur/1692854503.M508606P40464Q3.sadhill,U=40:2,

In my case the problem turned out to be that I was querying an Exchange
server and that these are unable to deal with queries in UTF-8.  There
is a discussion regarding the issue here:

  https://www.mail-archive.com/info-gnus-english@gnu.org/msg14117.html

The fix given there is contained in Emacs 29, but maybe there has been a
regression for Emacs 30?

Cheers,

Loris

--
This signature is currently under constuction.

* Re: Gnus search engine returns "Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages"
@ 2023-08-24 10:38     ` Julien Cubizolles
                         ` (3 more replies)
From: Julien Cubizolles @ 2023-08-24 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

@ 2023-08-10  3:08 Husain Alshehhi
From: Husain Alshehhi @ 2023-08-10  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Abrahamsen; +Cc: ding

> On 08/09/23 00:42 AM, Husain Alshehhi wrote:
>> Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net> writes:
>>
>>> If you can show me some sample CLI output from a working mu search, I
>>> can try debugging from there.
>>
>> The command is
>>
>>     mu find 'subject:hi'
>
> The output of that! Not the input...

Ops. Sorry misread the email.

Here is a sample masked output:

mu find 'subject:hi'
Wed 17 May 2023 10:04:26 PM CDT R*** T*** <***> Hi!
Fri 19 May 2023 10:02:17 PM CDT A**** F**** <***> Re: Hi!
Wed 24 May 2023 01:49:38 PM CDT M**** K**** W**** <***> Hi!!
Wed 07 Jun 2023 03:51:58 PM CDT M**** K**** W**** <***> Hi You Two!
Wed 07 Jun 2023 10:16:32 PM CDT A**** F**** <***> Re: Hi You Two!
Thu 08 Jun 2023 04:39:41 PM CDT M**** K**** W**** <***> Re: Hi You Two!
Thu 08 Jun 2023 11:21:54 PM CDT A**** F**** <***> Re: Hi You Two!
Fri 09 Jun 2023 01:51:35 PM CDT M**** K**** W**** <***> Re: Hi You Two!

mu find 'subject:hi' | wc -l
55

* Re: Gnus search engine returns "Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages"
@ 2023-08-09  3:13 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2023-08-09  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Husain Alshehhi; +Cc: ding

@ 2023-08-09  0:43 Husain Alshehhi
From: Husain Alshehhi @ 2023-08-09  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Abrahamsen; +Cc: ding

> I just meant the "(gnus-search-engine gnus-search-mu)" config. That is
> supposed to go in your `gnus-secondary-select-methods' configuration,
> like:
>
> '(nnmaildir "foo"
>    (directory "/x/y/z")
>    (gnus-search-engine gnus-search-mu))

Ah! I see. I did this but I am still getting the same error.

* Re: Gnus search engine returns "Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages"
@ 2023-08-09  0:42 Husain Alshehhi
From: Husain Alshehhi @ 2023-08-09  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Abrahamsen; +Cc: Husain Alshehhi, Eric S Fraga, ding

@ 2023-08-08 12:59   ` Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2023-08-08 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Husain Alshehhi <husain@alshehhi.io> writes:
>
>> Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net> writes:
>>
>>> The search engine config is meant to go on your select method, I
>>> actually have no idea if it would take effect as a group parameter or
>>> not. But as a first step I would definitely try setting it on your
>>> select method instead.
>>
>> MU does not come with any config file that the user usually
>> manipulates. I also couldn't find examples online of users using mu with
>> gnus. I am not sure what the value would be if I were to set the config field.
>
> I just meant the "(gnus-search-engine gnus-search-mu)" config. That is
> supposed to go in your `gnus-secondary-select-methods' configuration,
> like:
>
> '(nnmaildir "foo"
>    (directory "/x/y/z")
>    (gnus-search-engine gnus-search-mu))

I am also experiencing the same error.  My configuration had been
working fine for years, but after updating Debian from 11 to 12 and
hence Emacs from 27.1 to 28.2 I now have this problem.  The issue
arises with both imap and nntp groups.

This is what appears in *Messages* with gnus-verbose set to 10:

  Retrieving newsgroup: nnselect:nnselect-87v8dpn1ch.fsf...
  Opening server fu_exchange
  Searching nnimap+fu_exchange:HPC...done
  Group nnselect:nnselect-87v8dpn1ch.fsf contains no messages

The group definitely contains messages and definitely contains messages
which contain the string I searched for.

Any ideas what I might have a look at?

Cheers,

Loris

--

@ 2023-08-07 23:26 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2023-08-07 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Husain Alshehhi; +Cc: ding

@ 2023-08-06  2:33 Husain Alshehhi
From: Husain Alshehhi @ 2023-08-06  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Abrahamsen; +Cc: ding

@ 2023-08-06  2:28 Husain Alshehhi
From: Husain Alshehhi @ 2023-08-06  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Haman; +Cc: husain, ding

John Haman <mail@johnhaman.org> writes:

> 1. What is the expected output? Do you indeed have messages with the word "hi" in the subject line?

I expected to see messages that have the word "hi" in them. I tried with
different words as well (which do indeed exist in the group), and I get
a similar error still.

When there are no messages, I expected a different message in the echo
(e.g. No message found).

> 2. Do you observe the same behavior in the Server buffer? (Press "^"
> in the Group buffer, then navigate to your server and press "G").

Yes. The same error message appears.

* Re: Gnus search engine returns "Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages"
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2023-08-05  1:13 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2023-08-05  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

@ 2023-08-04  8:23 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2023-08-04  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Friday,  4 Aug 2023 at 00:48, husain@alshehhi.io wrote:
> I am getting this error regardless of the gnus-search-engine I use, and
> regardless of whether I use gnus-search-use-parsed-queries or not. Any
> idea what could be wrong here?

A second thought (having already responded): do the search engines have
a minimum word size that is used for indexing terms?  It could be that
"hi" is too short.

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 30.0.50 2023-07-31) on Debian 12.1

* Re: Gnus search engine returns "Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages"
@ 2023-08-04  8:16 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2023-08-04  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Friday,  4 Aug 2023 at 00:48, husain@alshehhi.io wrote:
> When I try to run gnus-group-read-ephemeral-search-group (bound to G G)
> in the group buffer with the queries "hi", "subject:hi" I get
>
>         Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages

It could be that there are no messsages that match your search pattern.

Maybe try a search that definitely will be successful.  For instance,
what I use to test is a date based search.  I use notmuch as my search
engine and with gnus-search-use-parsed-queries set to nil I would search
for, say, "date:aug".

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 30.0.50 2023-07-31) on Debian 12.1

* Re: Gnus search engine returns "Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages"
@ 2023-08-04  6:16 ` Gijs Hillenius
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2023-08-04  6:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On  4 August 2023 00:48 husain@alshehhi.io, wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I try to run gnus-group-read-ephemeral-search-group (bound to G G)
> in the group buffer with the queries "hi", "subject:hi" I get
>
>         Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages
>
> I am not sure what is wrong. The relevant config is
>
>         (gnus-parameters
>            '(("@alshehhi.io"
>               (gnus-search-engine gnus-search-mu)
>               (display . all))))
>
> I am getting this error regardless of the gnus-search-engine I use, and
> regardless of whether I use gnus-search-use-parsed-queries or not. Any
> idea what could be wrong here?

Could it  - simply - be that there are no messages in the Group matching
the query?

* Re: Gnus search engine returns "Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages"
@ 2023-08-04  1:07 ` John Haman
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: John Haman @ 2023-08-04  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: husain; +Cc: ding

1. What is the expected output? Do you indeed have messages with the word "hi" in the subject line?

2. Do you observe the same behavior in the Server buffer? (Press "^" in the Group buffer, then navigate to your server and press "G").

--
Dr. John Haman
Maryland, USA

* Gnus search engine returns "Group nnselect:nnselect-877cqbir7v.fsf contains no messages"
@ 2023-08-04  0:48 husain
                   ` (4 more replies)