* T m problem
@ 2000-06-28 17:48 Hans de Graaff
From: Hans de Graaff @ 2000-06-28 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

It seems there is a problem with using T m (Topic move). When a
newsgroup is moved from the top-level topic (which is not shown
anymore by default) to a topic, the group does get moved to the topic,
but it also remains at the top-level. Removing that line with C-k also
removes the line in the topic. I worked around this by removing that
group name from the .newsrc.eld, but I suppose it should be easier
than that. :-)

Hans

* Re: T m problem
@ 2000-06-29 10:17 ` Mats Löfdahl
From: Mats Löfdahl @ 2000-06-29 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans de Graaff <hans@degraaff.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> It seems there is a problem with using T m (Topic move). When a
> newsgroup is moved from the top-level topic (which is not shown
> anymore by default) to a topic, the group does get moved to the topic,
> but it also remains at the top-level. Removing that line with C-k also
> removes the line in the topic. I worked around this by removing that
> group name from the .newsrc.eld, but I suppose it should be easier
> than that. :-)

Have you tried removing the group with C-k and then yanking it under
the wanted topic with C-y?

--
 Mats Löfdahl

* Re: T m problem
@ 2000-06-29 19:06   ` Hans de Graaff
From: Hans de Graaff @ 2000-06-29 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mats Löfdahl <mats_lofdahl@bigfoot.com> writes:

> > It seems there is a problem with using T m (Topic move). When a
> > newsgroup is moved from the top-level topic (which is not shown
> > anymore by default) to a topic, the group does get moved to the topic,
> > but it also remains at the top-level. Removing that line with C-k also
> > removes the line in the topic. I worked around this by removing that
> > group name from the .newsrc.eld, but I suppose it should be easier
> > than that. :-)
>
> Have you tried removing the group with C-k and then yanking it under
> the wanted topic with C-y?

That does work, but T m should work as advertised, and now it
doesn't.

Hans

* Re: T m problem
@ 2000-08-14 18:43 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-08-14 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans de Graaff <hans@degraaff.org> writes:

> It seems there is a problem with using T m (Topic move). When a
> newsgroup is moved from the top-level topic (which is not shown
> anymore by default) to a topic, the group does get moved to the topic,
> but it also remains at the top-level.

Oh, dear.  The topic commands look at the buffer to see what topic
you're in, and if you're not displaying the topic line, it won't know
which topic to remove it from.

I think.

Does `C-k' remove it from the undisplayed topic?

* Re: T m problem
@ 2000-08-15 18:40   ` Hans de Graaff
From: Hans de Graaff @ 2000-08-15 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 14 Aug 2000, larsi@gnus.org wrote:

>> It seems there is a problem with using T m (Topic move). When a
>> newsgroup is moved from the top-level topic (which is not shown
>> anymore by default) to a topic, the group does get moved to the
>> topic, but it also remains at the top-level.
>
> Oh, dear.  The topic commands look at the buffer to see what topic
> you're in, and if you're not displaying the topic line, it won't
> know which topic to remove it from.
>
> I think.
>
> Does `C-k' remove it from the undisplayed topic?

Yes, C-k and C-y work fine. In fact, 'duplicating' a group with T m
and then C-k'ing the original also removes the fanthom copy in the
destination topic. The problem did appear when the top-level Topic was
changed to be hidden (which I prefer).

Perhaps the fix is to remove T m and to suggest using C-k and C-y
instead? I'm not sure that this works with topics which are closed,
though.

Hans