* Message forwarding using mime or not using mime
@ 1999-02-17 10:31 Jan Vroonhof
From: Jan Vroonhof @ 1999-02-17 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

After switching to pgnus 0.76 I see that message now uses forwarding
by MIME. Two questions

1. Now that message-forward does not directly use the " *gnus
   forward*" buffer, but instead just inserts some MML stuff to
   include it when sending shouldn't the " *gnus forward*" buffer be
   made unique?, i.e. What happens when I forward another article
   before sending of the first one?

2. Can we have the old style forwarding back as an option?

Jan

* Re: Message forwarding using mime or not using mime
@ 1999-02-19 16:23 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-02-19 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jan Vroonhof <vroonhof@math.ethz.ch> writes:

> 1. Now that message-forward does not directly use the " *gnus
>    forward*" buffer, but instead just inserts some MML stuff to
>    include it when sending shouldn't the " *gnus forward*" buffer be
>    made unique?, i.e. What happens when I forward another article
>    before sending of the first one?

Yup.  Fix in Pterodactyl Gnus v0.77.

> 2. Can we have the old style forwarding back as an option?

Nope.  It felt very, very good to rip out several screenfuls of code
that did the old style.  :-)

* Re: Message forwarding using mime or not using mime
@ 1999-02-19 19:35   ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1999-02-19 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > 2. Can we have the old style forwarding back as an option?
>
> Nope.  It felt very, very good to rip out several screenfuls of code
> that did the old style.  :-)

So now we are forced to do MIME forwarding with no option to turn
back, and forced not to use MIME digests without option to turn, uh,
forward.  Weird.

* Re: Message forwarding using mime or not using mime
@ 1999-02-19 22:35   ` Hal Snyder
From: Hal Snyder @ 1999-02-19 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > 2. Can we have the old style forwarding back as an option?
>
> Nope.  It felt very, very good to rip out several screenfuls of code
> that did the old style.  :-)

Does this mean there's no simple way to forward a message and
intersperse comments with forwarded content? :-(

* Re: Message forwarding using mime or not using mime
@ 1999-02-20  8:18     ` James H. Cloos Jr.
From: James H. Cloos Jr. @ 1999-02-20  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

* Re: Message forwarding using mime or not using mime
@ 1999-02-20 12:27     ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1999-02-20 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>> > 2. Can we have the old style forwarding back as an option?
>>
>> Nope.  It felt very, very good to rip out several screenfuls of code
>> that did the old style.  :-)

> Does this mean there's no simple way to forward a message and
> intersperse comments with forwarded content? :-(

The best way to do that would anyways be to do a reply to get the
forwarded text quoted, and change the To-field.