* EasyPG 0.0.5
@ 2006-09-04  7:39 Daiki Ueno
       [not found] ` <3082e72e-a7b4-41ba-aade-9c01512a6322-7dooEoSoPCYjbB9gy5Vrp2D2FQJk+8+b@public.gmane.org>
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2006-09-04  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Hello,

The 5th release of EasyPG is available from http://www.easypg.org.

EasyPG is a GnuPG interface for Emacs.  It has two aspects: convenient
tools which allow to use GnuPG from Emacs (EasyPG Assistant), and a
fully functional interface library to GnuPG (EasyPG Library.)

* Major changes in 0.0.5

** New user option epg-gpg-home-directory.

** New function epg-check-configuration which checks if there is a
   suitable GnuPG executable installed.

** pgg-epg.el: Provide pgg-lookup-key for backward compatibility.

** Allow non-ASCII characters in a passphrase.
   The coding system to use can be controlled by
   epg-locale-coding-system whose default value is taken from
   locale-coding-system.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP Digital Signature --]

* Re: EasyPG 0.0.5
@ 2006-09-04 10:38 ` Georg C. F. Greve
       [not found] ` <3082e72e-a7b4-41ba-aade-9c01512a6322-7dooEoSoPCYjbB9gy5Vrp2D2FQJk+8+b@public.gmane.org>
From: Georg C. F. Greve @ 2006-09-04 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-mime-ja, emacs-mime-en, ding

Dear Daiki Ueno,

 || On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 16:39:03 +0900
 || Daiki Ueno <ueno@unixuser.org> wrote:

 du> The 5th release of EasyPG is available from http://www.easypg.org.

Thanks a lot, I just installed it here and will keep trying it.

Overall, I have experienced easypg to be faster and more robust than
pgg or any of the other solutions available.

There is one problem I am experiencing, however: In FSFE we make use
of aliases that expand to several people, and we use encryption for
such groups. GnuPG provides a way to do this by adding lines

 group X@Y.Z=address1@something address2@something.else ...

to the gpg.conf.

With pgg, this was never a problem, but easypg fails with

 Wrong type argument: epg-key-p, nil

and that's that.

What would be the way to fix this problem?

Regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <greve@fsfeurope.org>
Free Software Foundation Europe	                 (http://fsfeurope.org)

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 306 bytes --]

* Re: EasyPG 0.0.5
@ 2006-09-04 12:15   ` Daiki Ueno
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2006-09-04 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-mime-ja, emacs-mime-en, ding

> There is one problem I am experiencing, however: In FSFE we make use
> of aliases that expand to several people, and we use encryption for
> such groups. GnuPG provides a way to do this by adding lines

>  group X@Y.Z=address1@something address2@something.else ...

> to the gpg.conf.

> With pgg, this was never a problem, but easypg fails with

>  Wrong type argument: epg-key-p, nil

I could reproduce the problem and identified the cause...

PGG just passes the recipient's address to GnuPG as a string, whereas
EPG resolves which keys are really used (you will see the behavior if
mml2015-verbose is set.)  The problem is - EPG doesn't refer to the
"group" configuration.

I'll fix it for the next release.  Sorry for inconvenience.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno

* Re: EasyPG 0.0.5
@ 2006-09-05  4:42     ` Daiki Ueno
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2006-09-05  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-mime-ja, emacs-mime-en, ding

> > There is one problem I am experiencing, however: In FSFE we make use
> > of aliases that expand to several people, and we use encryption for
> > such groups. GnuPG provides a way to do this by adding lines

> >  group X@Y.Z=address1@something address2@something.else ...

> > to the gpg.conf.

> > With pgg, this was never a problem, but easypg fails with

> >  Wrong type argument: epg-key-p, nil

> I'll fix it for the next release.  Sorry for inconvenience.

I've just fixed it in CVS.  If you have chance, please give it a try

$ cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.m17n.org:/cvs/root co epg
$ cd epg && autoreconf -f -i

You will need to upgrade Gnus as well.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno

* Re: EasyPG 0.0.5
@ 2006-09-05 10:00       ` Georg C. F. Greve
From: Georg C. F. Greve @ 2006-09-05 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-mime-ja, emacs-mime-en, ding

 || On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 13:42:21 +0900
 || Daiki Ueno <ueno@unixuser.org> wrote:

 du> I've just fixed it in CVS.  If you have chance, please give it a
 du> try [...]  You will need to upgrade Gnus as well.

I just updated epg and gnus from CVS.

It no longer throws an error, but it fails to encrypt for the group.

The only person who can decrypt appears to be me -- my guess is that
it does this because I always do encrypt to self.

Regards,
Georg

--

@ 2006-09-05 10:24         ` Daiki Ueno
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2006-09-05 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-mime-ja, emacs-mime-en, ding

>  du> I've just fixed it in CVS.  If you have chance, please give it a
>  du> try [...]  You will need to upgrade Gnus as well.

> I just updated epg and gnus from CVS.

> It no longer throws an error, but it fails to encrypt for the group.

Ah, sorry.  There was a typo in epg-config.el.  I've fixed it in CVS.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno

* Re: EasyPG 0.0.5
@ 2006-09-05 15:05           ` Georg C. F. Greve
From: Georg C. F. Greve @ 2006-09-05 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-mime-ja, emacs-mime-en, ding

 || On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 19:24:36 +0900
 || Daiki Ueno <ueno@unixuser.org> wrote:

 du> Ah, sorry.  There was a typo in epg-config.el.  I've fixed it in
 du> CVS.

I can confirm that this solves the issue.

I now discover that I have some trust override issues. Is there any
way to easily determine which is the subkey that creates those issues,
and to maybe set that behaviour in easypg?

Regards,
Georg

--

@ 2006-09-05 21:32   ` Jochen Küpper
From: Jochen Küpper @ 2006-09-05 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Daiki Ueno <ueno-NQkAbyFKjFBg9hUCZPvPmw@public.gmane.org> writes:

> The 5th release of EasyPG is available from http://www.easypg.org.

What's the replacement for pgg-snarf-keys-region?
,----
| pgg-snarf-keys-region is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `pgg.el'.
| (pgg-snarf-keys-region START END)
|
| Import public keys in the current region between START and END.
`----

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)

* Re: EasyPG 0.0.5
@ 2006-09-06  4:04     ` Daiki Ueno
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2006-09-06  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Daiki Ueno <ueno@unixuser.org> writes:

> What's the replacement for pgg-snarf-keys-region?

That is M-x epa-import-keys, though it reads keys from a file.  I would
insert a region-based counterpart, if it is convenient.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno

* Re: EasyPG 0.0.5
@ 2006-09-06  6:03             ` Daiki Ueno
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2006-09-06  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-mime-ja, emacs-mime-en, ding

> I now discover that I have some trust override issues. Is there any
> way to easily determine which is the subkey that creates those issues,
> and to maybe set that behaviour in easypg?

Do you mean that you see "untrusted_key.override? (y or n) " when
encrypting?

Since PGG specifies "--always-trust" option the issue has never arise.
Of course it's a wrong solution, but there seems no way to determine the
subject key from the status output of gpg.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno