* 'idea' of a new backend [bit off-topic]
@ 2000-07-19 14:52 Nuutti Kotivuori
From: Nuutti Kotivuori @ 2000-07-19 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Me and my friend were discussing how Gnus does everything already -
all nnultimate and nnslashdot backends and whatnot. I use Gnus to read
some other news like information that I parse into a mh dir by a Perl
script. And I also download some cartoons from the web to maildirs and
view them with gnus. I like ticking cartoons I like for later review.

OK so. 'nnmp3'. Gnus backend which works pretty much like
nneething. Lists 'mp3' files and plays them with a player. Would need
a lot of extra glue for some things.

Now, think about scoring for mp3:s - and adaptive scoring. Makes you
grin, doesn't it?

Well, I leave it at that, you all can think out the specifics
yourself. I don't think that this is a workable idea - and even if it
would be implemented, it would contain a lot of unnecessary kludges.

-- Naked