* Re: Gnus and ESMTP
@ 2000-10-07 18:34 Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2000-10-07 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

(reply to old thread about starttls support in smtpmail.el)

I implemented STARTTLS support for smtpmail.el, and created a page to
describe how to use it at

http://josefsson.org/emacs-smtp-starttls.html

The patch also include support for the SASL authentication method
CRAM-MD5 too.

Hopefully something similar can be shipped with emacsen in the future.

* Gnus and ESMTP
@ 2004-05-16 22:13 Marcelo Toledo
From: Marcelo Toledo @ 2004-05-16 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I searched the last message about this topic and it is 4 years old. Is
anybody working on this? Why jas patch haven't been applied, what are
the major problems and modifications is required?

[1] http://www.pdc.kth.se/~jas/starttls-0.1.tar.gz
[2] http://www.pdc.kth.se/~jas/emacs-rfc2554.html
--
Marcelo Toledo
marcelo@marcelotoledo.org

* Gnus and ESMTP
@ 2000-07-06 22:47 Miroslav Zubcic
From: Miroslav Zubcic @ 2000-07-06 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Gnus hackers.

I have searching, greping and reading info, but I can find part that
is interesting to me (or I can't see it).

Is it possible for Gnus to communicate with MTA on port 25, that is,
not by calling /usr/sbin/sendmail directly like mutt(1) and some other
UN*X MUA's do?

If this is possible, is there somware some LISP code for supporting
ESMTP AUTH (SASL mechanism) or/and STARTTLS (SSL layer) by giving
certificate to server?

I'm using Gnus with Gnus-agent, and my current way for sending mail
looks like this: (related line in .gnus)

(setq gnus-agent-send-mail-function message-send-mail-function)

Can somebody give me (please :-) ...) some information about this?

--
This signature intentionally left blank