* imap mail header downloading
@ 2000-10-18  8:48 Wing, Pak
From: Wing, Pak @ 2000-10-18  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm currently trying to convert from Outlook to gnus.

One of the problems I'm having is that it takes about 2 mins to get all the
mail headers ( about 12000 of them - don't ask me how I managed that).

Thing is, Outlook is still pretty fast to start up ... I'm just wondering
whether it's caching the headers and whether gnus can do something similar.

cheers,

Pak

* Re: imap mail header downloading
@ 2000-10-18 11:02 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2000-10-18 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

"Wing, Pak" <pak.wing@capgemini.co.uk> writes:

> One of the problems I'm having is that it takes about 2 mins to get all the
> mail headers ( about 12000 of them - don't ask me how I managed that).

Is it slow the second time you enter the group too?  Nnimap caches
headers and it should almost be as fast as nnml.  It take some time
for Gnus to generate large summary buffers though.