From: Chris Uzdavinis <chris@atdesk.com>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Gnus status
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:19:33 -0400	[thread overview]

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

> Chris Uzdavinis <chris@atdesk.com> writes:
>
>> Hi, I've been a happy user of Gnus 5.8.8 for a while and am considering
>> moving up to a newer version, but I'm wondering what your thoughts are
>> on using the latest it as a primary mail client.  Do you consider it
>> ready for "real" use, or does it still at the stage where it
>> "occationally rains down death and destruction on innocent bystanders"?
>
> I'm using Gnus 5.10.2 as my primary mail client, and was using Oort
> development releases before that.  I've not had any problems.

Thanks for your feedback, and also to Nevin.

I've updated to 5.10.2 and so far it has been drop-in compatible with
the old version.  I haven't made any changes to my .gnus file but it
all seems to be working just the same (though I haven't tried
newsgroups yet, just mail.)  I'm not used to updates being so easy.
:)

I notice a few changes already, like something called "queue" appears
in the Group buffer.  Also there is a dot to the left of each piece of
mail in the summary buffer.  These types of things probably are neat
new features, but I'm not sure what they mean.  I guess I have some
reading to do.

--
Chris