* New mail in modeline
@ 2002-10-14 12:05 Joakim Hove
From: Joakim Hove @ 2002-10-14 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

below is a small lisp "packet" I have written which displays the
number of new messages various mail groups in the general emacs
modeline:

 [INBOX:2 hotmail:25]

For example means that there are two unread messages in my INBOX
group, and 25 in my hotmail group. This is particularly interesting
for hotmail (i.e. probably spam) groups which I have at a subscription
level of 6, and then only check with long intervals, without evering
cluttering the *Group* buffer with these mails/groups.

It should be to just load the file, and then fire gnus, or you could
add a

  (require 'gnus-modeline)

in your ~/.gnus.

Comments appreciated :-)