* htmlified mail - a simple lisp "solution"
@ 2001-01-31 14:39 Joakim Hove
From: Joakim Hove @ 2001-01-31 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I have written a very simple solution to convert html formatted mails
to pure text, presevering *some* of the markup. It does of course not
handle general html, but the readability of the typical eudora mail I
receive is greatly enhanced.

It works by modifying the buffer content, not the actual message, so
by pressing "g" you will get back the original view. [Might be a wise
thing to do before you take any serious action based on the output
from this program!]

Usage:
------
1. Load the file (with autoload or manually)
2. When you get one of these htmlified mails, type M-x html2text.
3. It is quite simple to alter the behaviour by providing new
   functions, and modifying the lists of tags to react upon.

Changes and modifications are most welcome - Joakim Hove

[-- Attachment #2: html2text --]

==== Joakim Hove      www.phys.ntnu.no/~hove/   =======================
|| Institutt for fysikk  (735) 93637 / E3-166  |  Skøyensgate 10D    ||
|| N - 7491 Trondheim    hove@phys.ntnu.no     |  N - 7030 Trondheim ||
================================================= 73 93 31 68 =========

* Re: htmlified mail - a simple lisp "solution"
@ 2001-12-31  3:30 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-12-31  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joakim Hove <Joakim.Hove@phys.ntnu.no> writes:

> I have written a very simple solution to convert html formatted mails
> to pure text, presevering *some* of the markup. It does of course not
> handle general html, but the readability of the typical eudora mail I
> receive is greatly enhanced.

This seems like an interesting approach for those who haven't
installed w3, or those <adjective> people who don't want to use it to
display messages in Gnus.

Do you have a newer version of this now, and would you be interested
in including this in Gnus, and would you sign FSF copyright assignment
papers?  :-)

* Re: htmlified mail - a simple lisp "solution"
@ 2002-01-02  8:15   ` Joakim Hove
From: Joakim Hove @ 2002-01-02  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Joakim Hove