* 'F' in nnml group sending news?
@ 2000-10-03 19:33 Laura Conrad
From: Laura Conrad @ 2000-10-03 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a cvs gnus from yesterday morning, and I just attempted a
followup to a message, and instead of having "To:" and "Cc:" headers
sending it by email to the sender and recipients of the message, I get
a "newsgroups:" header, directing it to the group that messages from
this group are gcc'd to.

This is true only in that particular group; in my other nnml groups 'F'
behaves as I expect it to.  I can't think of anything that makes that
group different from some of the groups that aren't broken.  'R' works
the way I expect it to.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org )

(Note the email and homepage address changes; please update your
address book, bookmarks, and links.)

* Re: 'F' in nnml group sending news?
@ 2000-10-03 20:00 ` Andreas Fuchs
From: Andreas Fuchs @ 2000-10-03 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Today, Laura Conrad <lconrad@laymusic.org> wrote:
> This is true only in that particular group; in my other nnml groups 'F'
> behaves as I expect it to.  I can't think of anything that makes that
> group different from some of the groups that aren't broken.  'R' works
> the way I expect it to.

Could it be that this one special group is a virtual group? In that
case, it often consists of two or more groups. How could gnus then know
to which group/address it should send the follow-up?

regards,
--
Andreas Stefan Fuchs                             in Real Life aka
asf@acm.org, asfuchs@gmx.at, asf@ycom.at         in NNTP and SMTP,

* Re: 'F' in nnml group sending news?
@ 2000-10-03 20:09   ` Laura Conrad
From: Laura Conrad @ 2000-10-03 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

    Andreas> Today, Laura Conrad <lconrad@laymusic.org> wrote:
    >> This is true only in that particular group; in my other nnml
    >> groups 'F' behaves as I expect it to.  I can't think of
    >> anything that makes that group different from some of the
    >> groups that aren't broken.  'R' works the way I expect it to.

    Andreas> Could it be that this one special group is a virtual
    Andreas> group? In that case, it often consists of two or more
    Andreas> groups. How could gnus then know to which group/address
    Andreas> it should send the follow-up?

I don't think I've ever made a virtual group.

And I've never seen a followup in a mail group go to a news group
before.

--

@ 2000-10-03 20:30 ` Laura Conrad
From: Laura Conrad @ 2000-10-03 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Laura> I have a cvs gnus from yesterday morning, and I just
    Laura> attempted a followup to a message, and instead of having
    Laura> "To:" and "Cc:" headers sending it by email to the sender
    Laura> and recipients of the message, I get a "newsgroups:"
    Laura> header, directing it to the group that messages from this
    Laura> group are gcc'd to.

    Laura> This is true only in that particular group; in my other
    Laura> nnml groups 'F' behaves as I expect it to.  I can't think
    Laura> of anything that makes that group different from some of
    Laura> the groups that aren't broken.

I found what makes it different.  The other groups that are behaving
the way I expect have a parameter like:

(gcc-self . "nnml+private:sent-world")

And for this one for some reason I had:

(to-group . "sent-laymusic")

I'm sure I didn't write that by hand; I must have thought I was doing
the right thing in the customization menu.  But now that I know what's
happening, the descriptions in the customization menu look as clear as
I would expect.