* 8-bit reading of news broken after posting
@ 2001-11-01 14:51 Arvid Grøtting
From: Arvid Grøtting @ 2001-11-01 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Today's strange observation:

After upgrading to a CVS Gnus today (current as of Thu Nov 1 15:47:54
CET 2001), reading of 8-bit characters (e.g. latin-1) stops working.
Not at once; they render correctly until I post something myself.
After that, they render as octal escape codes.

Reading 8-bit characters in files outside Gnus still works.

Of course, this could have something to do with my settings, but it
all worked wonderfully until the upgrade.

Any ideas?

--

Arvid