* nndoc groups no longer inheriting parent parameters
@ 2001-12-27 14:32 David S. Goldberg
From: David S. Goldberg @ 2001-12-27 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

It's been a while since I've seen something on comp.risks.  I read
comp.risks in a nnvirtual group (as I do most nntp groups) where the
virtual is made up of the nntp group and an nnml group to which I copy
articles a I care to save.  I know about the cache.  I've been through
one too many server renumberings to want to use that.  Anyway, as you
may know, messages in comp.risks are digests.  I have
gnus-show-threads set to nil comp.risks (nntp) by means of group
parameters.  Today, when I enter a digest, threading is on.  For the
purposes of the risks digest, I find this annoying.  One thing I
notice is that when I enter the digest, the backend listed in the
variable gnus-newsgroup-name is "nnvirtual", so I tried adding the
parameter to the nnvirtual group.  No dice.  I tried setting
gnus-group-parameters to turn off threading with a regexp of
".*risks.*".  Still no dice.  Going through the nntp group directly
(e.g. not using the nnvirtual group) works as expected.  However, in
both cases, running (gnus-group-find-parameter gnus-newsgroup-name)
after entering the digest only shows a quit-config, so the problem has
to be somewhere in nnvirtual.  I'm happy to try to debug this if
someone can help me get started with a pointer towards the right place
in the code to look.  I don't see anything in the ChangeLog regarding
nnvirtual since October other than a doc fix and I've definitely seen
some digests since then.

Thanks,
--
Dave Goldberg