* nnfolder: seems broken out of the box on 5.8.8
@ 2001-03-14 18:39 Randal L. Schwartz
From: Randal L. Schwartz @ 2001-03-14 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've never used nnfolder before, although it seems to get recreated
even when I try to get rid of all traces of it.

I have no nnfolder- settings in my .gnus.el

When I eradicate any trace of what was previously set up, I get
~/Mail/archive/ created, empty, and the following settings
get copied into my servers:

(nnfolder "archive"
	  (nnfolder-directory "~/Mail/archive")
	  (nnfolder-active-file "~/Mail/archive/active")
	  (nnfolder-get-new-mail nil)
	  (nnfolder-inhibit-expiry t))

And these look to be the current values of those variables as well.

When I use "G m" to make "testing" in "nnfolder:", I get a file
named ~/Mail/testing, and ~/Mail/active gets updated.  This seems contrary
to the settings above.

And in fact, when I then browse the server from the servers, I get
no groups again.

Shouldn't it be ~/Mail/archive/testing and shouldn't it touch
~/Mail/archive/active, and not mix that with my nnml: active file?