* Howto deleting server?
@ 2016-09-26  9:17 Rainer M Krug
       [not found] ` <58f114496625468a8776f19d4a75360c@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2016-09-26  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi

I had included gmail as a secondary source but I now went back to
offlineimap and therefore don't need the gmail imap source anymore.

I therefore deleted the secondary source and restarted gnus, but the
server was still there. I remember that I was still subscribed to
folders, killed all subscriptions but the server is still there.

How can I delete the server now (it is not in my gnus.el file anymore
and all folders are Killed)?

I remember that there was a similar question on this list recently, but
I can't find it anymore.

Thanks,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* SOLVED: Howto deleting server?
@ 2016-09-26  9:41 ` Rainer M Krug
       [not found] ` <58f114496625468a8776f19d4a75360c@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2016-09-26  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> Hi
>
> I had included gmail as a secondary source but I now went back to
> offlineimap and therefore don't need the gmail imap source anymore.
>
> I therefore deleted the secondary source and restarted gnus, but the
> server was still there. I remember that I was still subscribed to
> folders, killed all subscriptions but the server is still there.
>
> How can I delete the server now (it is not in my gnus.el file anymore
> and all folders are Killed)?
>
> I remember that there was a similar question on this list recently, but
> I can't find it anymore.

Silly me - found it. And guess who asked that question??

http://ding.gnus.narkive.com/1kELyOJU/remove-server-from-gnus

So. For the record:

1) Kill all groups in that server
2) remove it from gnus.el config file
3) quit gnus
4) quit emacs
5) restart emacs and gnus
6) and the server is gone.

Thanks,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: SOLVED: Howto deleting server?
       [not found] ` <58f114496625468a8776f19d4a75360c@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2016-09-26  9:48   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-09-26  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: ding

On Monday, 26 Sep 2016 at 09:41, Rainer M Krug wrote:

[...]

> Silly me - found it. And guess who asked that question??

:-)  Happens to me all the time.

> So. For the record:
>
> 1) Kill all groups in that server

Ah, this is what I forget to do.  Thanks for summarising.

--
Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D)

* Re: SOLVED: Howto deleting server?
@ 2016-09-26  9:56     ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2016-09-26  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding