* nnir imap search
@ 2007-09-01 14:36 Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-09-01 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi there,

I use nnir for imap search. However I am not able to to use "C-u G G" to
search in other field as it behaves exactly the same as "G G". However
if I enter the nnimap group first and exit the group, and then
immediately do 'C-u G G', it works.

Another problem is that each article appears twice in the "*nnir*"
buffer and sometimes "RET" on the buffer doesn't go to that article.

Thanks,

         Gnus is one component of the Emacs operating system.

* Re: nnir imap search
@ 2007-09-03  9:39 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2007-09-03  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: ding

Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> I use nnir for imap search. However I am not able to to use "C-u G G" to
> search in other field as it behaves exactly the same as "G G". However
> if I enter the nnimap group first and exit the group, and then
> immediately do 'C-u G G', it works.
>
> Another problem is that each article appears twice in the "*nnir*"
> buffer and sometimes "RET" on the buffer doesn't go to that article.

Sounds like a caching problem to me, possibly because the nnir groups
and article numbers are called the same for every search?  I haven't
seen this for a long time though, and thought it was fixed.

* Re: nnir imap search
@ 2007-09-03 10:58   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-09-03 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On 2007-09-03 10:39 +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I use nnir for imap search. However I am not able to to use "C-u G G" to
>> search in other field as it behaves exactly the same as "G G". However
>> if I enter the nnimap group first and exit the group, and then
>> immediately do 'C-u G G', it works.

Any comments on this?

>> Another problem is that each article appears twice in the "*nnir*"
>> buffer and sometimes "RET" on the buffer doesn't go to that article.
>
> Sounds like a caching problem to me, possibly because the nnir groups
> and article numbers are called the same for every search?  I haven't
> seen this for a long time though, and thought it was fixed.

See the screenshot:

[-- Attachment #2: imap.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 55848 bytes --]

HTH,
--
Leo <sdl.web AT gmail.com>                (GPG Key: 9283AA3F)

@ 2007-09-16 22:30     ` Andreas Seltenreich
From: Andreas Seltenreich @ 2007-09-16 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: ding

Leo writes:

> On 2007-09-03 10:39 +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>> Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:
>>> Another problem is that each article appears twice in the "*nnir*"
>>> buffer and sometimes "RET" on the buffer doesn't go to that article.
>>
>> Sounds like a caching problem to me, possibly because the nnir groups
>> and article numbers are called the same for every search?  I haven't
>> seen this for a long time though, and thought it was fixed.
>
> See the screenshot:
> [2. imap.png --- image/png; imap.png]

I've seen this symptom recently when searching a nnml server.
Investigating a bit revealed that in my case a duplicate entry for the
server in gnus-opened-servers was responsible.  Sadly, I have no idea
how that duplicate entry got there, and the problem didn't reoccur after
restarting Gnus.

Leo: If you see the problem again, please look for multiple entries of
the affected server in gnus-opened-servers.  If this is the case, an
easy fix might be to make nnir-run-query more careful about the
variable's contents.

regards,
andreas

* Re: nnir imap search
@ 2007-09-17  8:37       ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-09-17  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On 2007-09-16 23:30 +0100, Andreas Seltenreich wrote:
> Leo writes:

>>> Sounds like a caching problem to me, possibly because the nnir groups
>>> and article numbers are called the same for every search?  I haven't
>>> seen this for a long time though, and thought it was fixed.
>>
>> See the screenshot:
>> [2. imap.png --- image/png; imap.png]
>
> I've seen this symptom recently when searching a nnml server.
> Investigating a bit revealed that in my case a duplicate entry for the
> server in gnus-opened-servers was responsible.  Sadly, I have no idea
> how that duplicate entry got there, and the problem didn't reoccur after
> restarting Gnus.
>
> Leo: If you see the problem again, please look for multiple entries of
> the affected server in gnus-opened-servers.  If this is the case, an
> easy fix might be to make nnir-run-query more careful about the
> variable's contents.

I will keep an eye on it.

> regards,
> andreas

I was not able to use "C-u G G" to select a specific field (Subject,
From etc) with entering and exiting that group first. Any fix?

--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

                                                 I use GNU Emacs  <=
                              http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/  <=

* Re: nnir imap search
@ 2009-09-24 15:02       ` savoie
From: savoie @ 2009-09-24 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hey all, I know this is a really old follow up and my first post, but
I'm having this exact problem.  Every item returned from a
gnus-group-make-nnir-group is duplicated.  It's always this way.

My gnus-opened-servers is currently pasted below, but I don't know what
I'm looking for exactly.  I am using two index files one for all
previous years of mail, and one for the current year...red herring?  At
one point in time, this did work properly, but I failed to notice when
it changed.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using:
GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) of 2009-07-30 on snowblower
Gnus v5.13
Load path shadows are only for org-mode and cedet, and idlwave.

Thanks in Advance.

Matt Savoie

Value:
(((nnir "-ephemeral"
        (nnir-address ""))
  ok)
 ((nnml "")
  ok)
 ((nntp "news.gmane.org")
  ok)
 ((nnfolder "archive"
            (nnfolder-directory "~/Mail/archive")
            (nnfolder-active-file "~/Mail/archive/active")
            (nnfolder-get-new-mail nil)
            (nnfolder-inhibit-expiry t))
  ok)
 ((nnml "private"
        (nnir-search-engine swish-e)
        (nnir-swish-e-remove-prefix "/home/savoie/Mail/")
        (nnir-swish-e-index-files
         ("/home/savoie/Mail/index.current.swish-e" "/home/savoie/swish-e/existing_indices/index.years_alltogether.2001-2008")))
  ok)
 ((nntp "text.giganews.com")
  ok))

--
Matthew Savoie  -  Scientific Programmer
National Snow and Ice Data Center