* new feature request: highlights on scoring matches
@ 2003-01-21 14:48 Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2003-01-21 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was just glancing through a summary buffer where I have various
scoring rules set up.  To complicate matters, of course, is that I
have adaptive scoring turned on as well.

What I realized I'd like is to quickly see why the given line is near
the top.  So, wouldn't it be cool to highlight the matching regex
in the summary buffer with, say, a different background color?  How
hard would it be to pull this off?  (unfortunately, I think this is
likely over the head of my internal-gnus-knowledge so I doubt I'll do
it.  Thus I offer it as an idea for someone else to pull it off).

The problem, of course, is that you don't want to do it for adaptive
scoring.  This may mean pain.

--
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will
 insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."   -- Terry Pratchett