* bug: some encoded-words in subjects are not expanded.
@ 1998-09-12  9:28 Vladimir Volovich
From: Vladimir Volovich @ 1998-09-12  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

i've tried to send a message which contained the following subject
(hope you'll see it if you have e.g. intlfonts installed):

Subject: test тест АБВГДЕЁЖЗИЙКЛМНОПРСТУФХЦЧШЩЪЫЬЭЮЯ абвгдеёжзийклмнопрстуфхцчшщъыьэюя.

When i looked at my posted article, the subject was not decoded, and
looked like this:

Subject: test =?iso-8859-5?b?4tXh4iCwsbKztLWhtre4ubq7vL2+v8DBwsPExcbHyMnKy8zNzs8g0NHS09?==?iso-8859-5?b?TV8dbX2Nna29zd3t/g4eLj5OXm5+jp6uvs7e7v?=

I suppose that the problem is connected with the length of my subject,
because with smaller subjects in russian i had no such problems. Also,
note that in the encoded subject there are two encoded-words, but
there is no space between them (i don't know whether this is correct).

Try to cut'n'paste my 8-bit text to the subject, and send a message
with gnus. it may look even stranger (partially and incorrectly
decoded).

	Best regards, -- Vladimir.

* Re: bug: some encoded-words in subjects are not expanded.
@ 1998-09-12 12:33 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-09-12 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vladimir Volovich <vvv@vvv.vsu.ru> writes:

> When i looked at my posted article, the subject was not decoded, and
> looked like this:
>
> Subject: test =?iso-8859-5?b?4tXh4iCwsbKztLWhtre4ubq7vL2+v8DBwsPExcbHyMnKy8zNzs8g0NHS09?==?iso-8859-5?b?TV8dbX2Nna29zd3t/g4eLj5OXm5+jp6uvs7e7v?=

Yup.  Fix in Pterodactyl Gnus v0.30.

> I suppose that the problem is connected with the length of my subject,
> because with smaller subjects in russian i had no such problems.

It was a problem with the line folding.