* Debugging Emacs Gnus to determine the starttls command working with No Gnus
@ 2010-09-29 15:59 JJ
From: JJ @ 2010-09-29 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

OK, I'm trying to accomplish the following:

I can use the git checkout of No Gnus no probs at home. At work, it
won't connect to hcoop.net's IMAP server. The admin has assured me that
port 993, and for that matter also 143, is not blocked at work.

I can connect however, without any change in setup, but using the Gnus
in Emacs 24, the latest bzr version.

I've checked I can't reach the server with `gnutls-cli -p imaps
mail.hcoop.net' which is the command that No Gnus uses at home to
connect. At work this just times out...

What I'd like to see is the actual commandline it the Emacs Gnus uses to
be able to connect to hcoop at work, since I just can't figure it out,
I've been experimenting today all day with various ports, nnimap-stream
variations and what have you, no luck...

However neither *imap-debug*, nor *nnimap-debug*, or *Messages* will
show me the commandline syntax the Emacs Gnus uses, so I can force No
Gnus to work that way.

I'm sure it's easy to derive, however don't know where to examine the
actual commandline syntax...
--
JJ