* text/plain format="filled" issue (or bug?)
@ 2000-04-26  3:28 Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2000-04-26  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

The new 'format="filled"' code is rather nice, especially as so many
mailers out there seem to use it. It's rather nice, except for one
little glitch that I am not quite sure how to deal with.

It seems that something, and not 'fill-flowed.el', is setting
'fill-column' in the Gnus article buffer.

This is a PITA as I have wide frames, but a narrow(er) wrap specified.
For everything else, things are filled to 79 characters. Fill-flowed
stuff is filled to the width of the frame, wider than I prefer.

Is there any way to make sure that 'fill-column' is not set in article
buffers?

        Daniel

--
One need only remind oneself of all that we expect from life to see how very
strange it is, and to arrive at the conclusion that man has found his way into

* Re: text/plain format="filled" issue (or bug?)
@ 2000-08-10 20:02 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-08-10 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Daniel Pittman" <daniel@danann.net> writes:

> The new 'format="filled"' code is rather nice, especially as so many
> mailers out there seem to use it. It's rather nice, except for one
> little glitch that I am not quite sure how to deal with.
>
> It seems that something, and not 'fill-flowed.el', is setting
> 'fill-column' in the Gnus article buffer.
>
> This is a PITA as I have wide frames, but a narrow(er) wrap specified.
> For everything else, things are filled to 79 characters. Fill-flowed
> stuff is filled to the width of the frame, wider than I prefer.
>
> Is there any way to make sure that 'fill-column' is not set in article
> buffers?

Are anybody here familiar with the bowels of `fill-region', which is
what flow-fill uses?  Does it set `fill-column' under some conditions?

* Re: text/plain format="filled" issue (or bug?)
@ 2000-08-10 20:22   ` Alan Shutko
From: Alan Shutko @ 2000-08-10 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Are anybody here familiar with the bowels of `fill-region', which is
> what flow-fill uses?  Does it set `fill-column' under some conditions?

I don't know, but I just noticed that W3 sets it buffer-local if
you view a text/html message, and it'll last as long as the
*Article* buffer isn't deleted.

Yes, that's it (for me, at least).  flow-fill is _not_ resetting
fill-column, but if you view an HTML message before hand, it will
get reset and flow-fill will use that value.

92 days, 19 hours, 17 minutes, 15 seconds till we run away.
You recoil from the crude; you tend naturally toward the exquisite.

* Re: text/plain format="filled" issue (or bug?)
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2000-08-10 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> writes:

> Yes, that's it (for me, at least).  flow-fill is _not_ resetting
> fill-column, but if you view an HTML message before hand, it will
> get reset and flow-fill will use that value.

Ok.  This should be fixed in cvs in a few minutes.