* Garbled .overviews with 5.6.11?
@ 1998-06-14 13:15 Mike McEwan
From: Mike McEwan @ 1998-06-14 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

  I'm not sure of the above, but since upgrading to 5.6.11, and
applying Hrvoje Niksic's `procmail' patch and Kim-Minh Kaplan's
`fetch-old-headers' patch, I'm getting a number of `Strange nov line'
messages and `Invalid read syntax' when entering groups and
downloading news via the `agent'.

  It may be something to do with expiry processing, I can't fathom it
out yet. My .overview files appear to have a number of partial header
lines and the sequencing of article numbers, top to bottom, appears to
have gone a little to pot. I may have compounded matters by attempting
to sort out these files manually, but I'd be curious to know if anyone
else has been seeing similar things?

  For the time being I've gone back to 5.6.10 - I'll see how it goes.

--
Mike.