* Denying a server on purpose at startup
@ 2003-06-13 17:22 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2003-06-13 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Details:

  I'm doing lots of experimenting with networking gateways ip rules
  etc.

In one config I have no access to a certain nntpserver.

Starting gnus in that network config I get prompted for
Authentication but that won't work because this particular server
only serves to its own network (cox.net)

So I'm prompted a total of 12 times.  Apparently once for each group.
Hitting C-g 12 times gets me started then go to server buffer and
deny cox.net.... I'm good from there on..(or until I switch
netconfig and kill gnus or something which is happening often right
now)

So looking for a handy way to skip the 12 C-gs'

Starting up with gnus-no-server is even more laborious getting to a
working setup.  Here I mean pulling up the right servers after
startup and the like.