* Auto-marking messages-to-self as read
@ 2002-04-21 14:14 Joseph Barillari
From: Joseph Barillari @ 2002-04-21 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I modified my .gnus to save sent messages into the originating group
so I can follow threads more easily:

(defun use-this-group-for-archiving ()
;; swiped from http://www.faqs.org/faqs/gnus-faq/section-29.html
(cond ((and gnus-newsgroup-name
              (stringp gnus-newsgroup-name)
              (string-match "^nnml" gnus-newsgroup-name))
         gnus-newsgroup-name)
        (t "nnml:mail.misc"))
)

(setq gnus-outgoing-message-group 'use-this-group-for-archiving)

An irritation has cropped up: the messages that I've sent show up in
the originating as unread mail. Is there any way of preemptively
tagging the Gcc: messages as read before they get saved into the
group?

--Joe

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 268 bytes --]

* Re: Auto-marking messages-to-self as read
@ 2002-04-21 16:32 ` Shigeki UNO
From: Shigeki UNO @ 2002-04-21 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

This lisp code works with me.

~/.gnus.el
(setq gnus-inews-mark-gcc-as-read t)

Joseph Barillari <jbarilla@princeton.edu> writes:

> I modified my .gnus to save sent messages into the originating group
> so I can follow threads more easily:
>
> (defun use-this-group-for-archiving ()
> ;; swiped from http://www.faqs.org/faqs/gnus-faq/section-29.html
> (cond ((and gnus-newsgroup-name
>               (stringp gnus-newsgroup-name)
>               (string-match "^nnml" gnus-newsgroup-name))
>          gnus-newsgroup-name)
>         (t "nnml:mail.misc"))
> )
>
> (setq gnus-outgoing-message-group 'use-this-group-for-archiving)
>
> An irritation has cropped up: the messages that I've sent show up in
> the originating as unread mail. Is there any way of preemptively
> tagging the Gcc: messages as read before they get saved into the
> group?
>
> --Joe

Take care,

--- uno

* Re: Auto-marking messages-to-self as read
@ 2002-04-24 18:57   ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2002-04-24 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp (Shigeki UNO) wrote:
> (setq gnus-inews-mark-gcc-as-read t)

This is deprecated in favor of gnus-gcc-mark-as-read, and I think I'd
like to obsolete that too.  How about:
(setq gnus-gcc-auto-marks ''(read expire))
I.e., this would be a form which is eval'ed to get a list of mark
symbols which are automatically applied to the Gcc'ed copy.  The form
would be eval'ed in the message buffer, and it could return a list for
different messages, different destination groups, etc.  Comments?
Objections?

paul