* spam.el+ifile doesn't notice 'S x'd articles
@ 2003-01-21 16:37 David Z Maze
From: David Z Maze @ 2003-01-21 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yet another issue with ifile support in spam.el: I get a false
negative, and mail winds up in, say, mail.misc.impersonal rather than
mail.misc.spam.  I find the message and hit 'S x' without reading it,
and exit the group.  The article gets marked 'H', and on exit gets
moved to mail.misc.spam, good.  But looking at my .idata file, it
appears that ifile never gets called on the message.

Do I need to cause gnus-group-spam-exit-processor-ifile on all groups,
not just my spam group?  Or is there something more insiduous going on?

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell

* Re: spam.el+ifile doesn't notice 'S x'd articles
@ 2003-01-21 16:55 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-01-21 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, dmaze@MIT.EDU wrote:
> Yet another issue with ifile support in spam.el: I get a false
> negative, and mail winds up in, say, mail.misc.impersonal rather
> than mail.misc.spam.  I find the message and hit 'S x' without
> reading it, and exit the group.  The article gets marked 'H', and on
> exit gets moved to mail.misc.spam, good.  But looking at my .idata
> file, it appears that ifile never gets called on the message.
>
> Do I need to cause gnus-group-spam-exit-processor-ifile on all
> groups, not just my spam group?  Or is there something more
> insiduous going on?

The former.  Spam exit processors apply to all groups, but have to be
specifically requested in the group parameters (through `G c' or a
regex match).  I would match the ifile spam exit processor with all
mail groups, since it will only get called on spam-marked articles
anywhere.

Ted

* Re: spam.el+ifile doesn't notice 'S x'd articles
@ 2003-01-21 18:01   ` Andreas Fuchs
From: Andreas Fuchs @ 2003-01-21 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Today, Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> wrote:
> The former.  Spam exit processors apply to all groups, but have to be
> specifically requested in the group parameters (through `G c' or a
> regex match).  I would match the ifile spam exit processor with all
> mail groups, since it will only get called on spam-marked articles
> anywhere.

It's probably worth noting that "nnml:.*" is a good regexp to use if
you read mail over nnml only.

spam.el is beginning to feel good to use now... Could you add messages
in the exit processors, so that it's clearer when spam.el routines are
at work?

Happy hacking,
--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf@acm.org>, asf@jabber.at, antifuchs,
who just noticed that gnus-spam-process-destinations does exactly what he

* Re: spam.el+ifile doesn't notice 'S x'd articles
@ 2003-01-21 18:40     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-01-21 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, asf@void.at wrote:
> It's probably worth noting that "nnml:.*" is a good regexp to use if
> you read mail over nnml only.

Right, I didn't want to assume nnml...

> spam.el is beginning to feel good to use now... Could you add
> messages in the exit processors, so that it's clearer when spam.el
> routines are at work?

I was trying to avoid too much verbosity.  I can use gnus-verbose, but
what messages would you suggest?

Thanks
Ted

* Re: spam.el+ifile doesn't notice 'S x'd articles
@ 2003-01-21 18:45       ` Andreas Fuchs
From: Andreas Fuchs @ 2003-01-21 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Today, Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, asf@void.at wrote:
>> It's probably worth noting that "nnml:.*" is a good regexp to use if
>> you read mail over nnml only.
> Right, I didn't want to assume nnml...

That's ok, I just wanted to mention it, because it didn't seem so
obvious that you should use the ^backend: to match all groups in a
backend. (:

Maybe put some hints about this into the docstring of the regexp lists?

>> spam.el is beginning to feel good to use now... Could you add
>> messages in the exit processors, so that it's clearer when spam.el
>> routines are at work?
> I was trying to avoid too much verbosity.  I can use gnus-verbose, but
> what messages would you suggest?

I had "Reclassifying/Moving spam/ham articles...", "Reclassifying/Moving
spam/ham articles...done.", in mind, nothing more. Just something that
tells the user that a) spam.el is correctly set up and b) that emacs
hasn't crashed (-:

Thank you,
--

@ 2003-01-24  5:08         ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-01-24  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, asf@void.at wrote:
>>> spam.el is beginning to feel good to use now... Could you add
>>> messages in the exit processors, so that it's clearer when spam.el
>>> routines are at work?
>> I was trying to avoid too much verbosity.  I can use gnus-verbose,
>> but what messages would you suggest?
>
> I had "Reclassifying/Moving spam/ham articles...",
> "Reclassifying/Moving spam/ham articles...done.", in mind, nothing
> more. Just something that tells the user that a) spam.el is
> correctly set up and b) that emacs hasn't crashed (-:

I tried to do this - if you spot any places that need more or less
messages, let me know.

Ted