* www.gnus.org
@ 2002-12-31 21:12 Jon Ericson
From: Jon Ericson @ 2002-12-31 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm getting a "connection refused" from the Gnus webpage.  Is the
server down?

Jon
--
If a man has recently married, he must not be sent to war or have any
other duty laid on him. For one year he is to be free to stay at home

* Re: www.gnus.org
@ 2003-01-01 19:12 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-01-01 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jon Ericson <Jon.Ericson@jpl.nasa.gov> writes:

> I'm getting a "connection refused" from the Gnus webpage.  Is the
> server down?

It was down, but it looks like it's up again now.

* Re: www.gnus.org
  2010-12-04 23:00       ` www.gnus.org (Was: (shr-urlify): show title attribute as well as URL, if provided. (shr-tag-a): pass title to shr-urlify.) Adam Sjøgren
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-12-04 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> While I am at it: perhaps the links to the threads in the Recent Gnus
> Threads section should have a target attribute pointing as, say, _top?

Yup.  Fixed.

* Re: www.gnus.org
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-03-31 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Scott Blachowicz <scott@apple.statsci.com> writes:

> Maybe you'd just want it for contributors so their ChangeLog entry email
> addresses could remain valid over time (theoretically) even if they change
> locations.

Hm...  Perhaps the MX records for some host (say, groupies.gnus.org :-)
could be set to some machine where someone would like to maintain the
forwarding servive.  If we want to do this.

I'd like to keep gnus.org all *mine* *mine* *mine*!  :-)

  lmi@gnus.org * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: www.gnus.org
@ 1997-03-30 23:37     ` Scott Blachowicz
From: Scott Blachowicz @ 1997-03-30 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

> > Would it be possible to install some aliases for mail? Having
> > "sam@gnus.org" would make be very proud since I recommend Gnus to
> > almost any people I know :)))
>
> I think that would be too much administration and stuff.  And there's
> not really any need to do that, is there?

Maybe you'd just want it for contributors so their ChangeLog entry email
addresses could remain valid over time (theoretically) even if they change
locations.

Scott Blachowicz  Ph: 206/283-8802x240   Mathsoft (Data Analysis Products Div)
                                         1700 Westlake Ave N #500
scott@statsci.com                        Seattle, WA USA   98109
Scott.Blachowicz@seaslug.org

* Re: www.gnus.org
@ 1997-03-30 22:42       ` William M. Perry
From: William M. Perry @ 1997-03-30 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Per Abrahamsen, flognat, ding

Brent B. Powers writes:
>Per Abrahamsen writes:
> >
> > "William M. Perry" <wmperry@aventail.com> writes:
> >
> > > While we are on the subject, does anyone have suggestions for the
> > > .org I should register for Emacs/W3?  w3.org is already taken - the
> > > bastards.
> >
> > Yeah, and you were first...
> >
> > gnet.org is also taken, but gnuscape.org is free!
> >
> > Gnuscape sounds much better than gnet anyway, and if we think hard we
> > can surely come up with a nice recursive acronym for it.
>
>Oh, I can just see it.
>
>^-H f w 3^-M
>
>w3: an interactive autoloaded Lisp function.
>  -- loads from "w3".
>Remember, it's spelled w3, but it's pronounced "gnuzilla"
>
>Hmmm, wasn't there a 70's song ....
>
>"Whoa-ho,
>   they say he's got to go
>Go, Go, Gnuzilla

  You say that like its not a good idea? :)

-bp

* Re: www.gnus.org
@ 1997-03-30  8:47   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-03-30  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1997-03-27 11:37       ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1997-03-27 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hmmm, wasn't there a 70's song ....

> "Whoa-ho,
>    they say he's got to go
> Go, Go, Gnuzilla

With apologies to "Blue Öyster Cult", I'm sure...

* Re: www.gnus.org
@ 1997-03-25 20:58     ` William M. Perry
From: William M. Perry @ 1997-03-25 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Erik Selberg writes:
>How about w3emacs.org? BTW: didn't realize you were a local too! I'm
>still debating between a nice bike ride or actually going into
>work. Hmm... it is spring break after all... :)

  To make matters worse, my office has a wraparound deck and a view of
puget sound & the olympics.  Ahhhhhh.... productivity?  What productivity?
Too bad we are moving offices at the end of the week... grrrr.

-Bill P.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled ding discussions. :)

* Re: www.gnus.org
                     ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1997-03-25 18:34   ` Erik Selberg
From: Erik Selberg @ 1997-03-25 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

How about w3emacs.org? BTW: didn't realize you were a local too! I'm
still debating between a nice bike ride or actually going into
work. Hmm... it is spring break after all... :)

-erik
--
				Erik Selberg
"I get by with a little help	selberg@cs.washington.edu

* Re: www.gnus.org
                     ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1997-03-25 17:30   ` Daniel Neri
From: Daniel Neri @ 1997-03-25 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

"William M. Perry" <wmperry@aventail.com> writes:

>   While we are on the subject, does anyone have suggestions for the .org I
> should register for Emacs/W3?  w3.org is already taken - the bastards.

Hmmm... There's already a lynx.browser.org. I remember reading
somewhere that it was meant for other browsers to be able to get a
name under browser.org. So why don't you try to get your hands on
w3.browser.org?!

> -Bill P.

/Daniel

--
Daniel Neri                                           Keep it simple!
neri@inf.enst.fr (aka d92-dne@nada.kth.se)

* Re: www.gnus.org
                     ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1997-03-25 16:18   ` Lars Balker Rasmussen
From: Lars Balker Rasmussen @ 1997-03-25 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

"William M. Perry" <wmperry@aventail.com> writes:
>   While we are on the subject, does anyone have suggestions for the .org I
> should register for Emacs/W3?  w3.org is already taken - the bastards.

Hmm, w3-beat-me-to-it-and-all-i-got-was-this-domain.org?

Or join the DNS misfits, and register w3.gnu :-)
--
Lars Balker Rasmussen, Software Engineer, Mjolner Informatics ApS
lbr@mjolner.dk

* Re: www.gnus.org
@ 1997-03-25 16:08     ` Brent B. Powers
From: Brent B. Powers @ 1997-03-25 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: wmperry, flognat, ding

@ 1997-03-25 16:02     ` Jason R. Mastaler
From: Jason R. Mastaler @ 1997-03-25 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: wmperry, flognat, ding

Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@charly.informatik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> w3.el.org?

el.org is already registered by El E-mail Service out of
Vancouver, BC.

--
Jason R. Mastaler                                 jason@mastaler.com

* Re: www.gnus.org
@ 1997-03-25 15:43       ` David Lebel
From: David Lebel @ 1997-03-25 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: David Lebel, ding

* Re: www.gnus.org
@ 1997-03-25 15:38   ` Jason R. Mastaler
                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Jason R. Mastaler @ 1997-03-25 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

"William M. Perry" <wmperry@aventail.com> writes:

>   While we are on the subject, does anyone have suggestions for the .org I
> should register for Emacs/W3?  w3.org is already taken - the bastards.

How about 'ew3.org', or 'emacsw3.org', or 'emacs-w3.org' ?

--

@ 1997-03-25 15:38     ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1997-03-25 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: wmperry, flognat, ding

Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@charly.informatik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> w3.el.org?

el.org is taken.  I'll ask the owner of emacs.org if he wants give
away subdomains.  I want my machine to be accessible as
church.emacs.org.

* Re: www.gnus.org
@ 1997-03-25 15:36 ` Jason R. Mastaler
From: Jason R. Mastaler @ 1997-03-25 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andy Eskilsson <flognat@fukt.hk-r.se> writes:

> Well now we have a www.gnus.org... are there any works on the
> contents, or will we just move the http://www.ifi.uio.no/~larsi tree
> there?
>
> I believe a touchup of both contents and structure of the gnus-pages
> would be welcome!

The website won't be up for a little while, but yes, there are works
on the contents in the works.  Of course lots of initial feedback on
content, look and structure will be quite helpful once it is up.

--

@ 1997-03-25 15:31     ` Jason R. Mastaler
From: Jason R. Mastaler @ 1997-03-25 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

David Lebel <lebel@socom.com> writes:

>   I'm ready to offer the service of MX for the gnus community.  Mainly
>   redirecting mail from gnus.org to your various real email
>   addresses.

Thanks, but I'll be doing e-mail along with the DNS, webhosting, etc
for gnus.org.

--
Jason R. Mastaler                                 jason@mastaler.com

* Re: www.gnus.org
@ 1997-03-25 15:22   ` Per Abrahamsen
                     ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1997-03-25 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: flognat, ding

"William M. Perry" <wmperry@aventail.com> writes:

>   While we are on the subject, does anyone have suggestions for the .org I
> should register for Emacs/W3?  w3.org is already taken - the bastards.

Yeah, and you were first...

gnet.org is also taken, but gnuscape.org is free!

Gnuscape sounds much better than gnet anyway, and if we think hard we
can surely come up with a nice recursive acronym for it.

> PS: _WOW_ its a gorgeous morning - sunrise jus started to hit the olympic
>     mountain range and it is amazing.  I love living in seattle! :)

wow.org, sunrise.org, olympic.org, mountain.org, and love.org are taken.
gorgeous.org, morning.org, and amazing.org are free.

Oh, you changed the subject.

* Re: www.gnus.org
@ 1997-03-25 14:56   ` Kai Grossjohann
                     ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1997-03-25 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: flognat, ding

  Bill>   While we are on the subject, does anyone have suggestions
  Bill> for the .org I should register for Emacs/W3?  w3.org is
  Bill> already taken - the bastards.

w3.el.org?

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.

* Re: www.gnus.org
@ 1997-03-25 14:40 ` William M. Perry
                     ` (5 more replies)
From: William M. Perry @ 1997-03-25 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Andy Eskilsson writes:
>Well now we have a www.gnus.org... are there any works on the contents, or
>will we just move the http://www.ifi.uio.no/~larsi tree there?
>
>I believe a touchup of both contents and structure of the gnus-pages would
>be welcome!

  While we are on the subject, does anyone have suggestions for the .org I
should register for Emacs/W3?  w3.org is already taken - the bastards.

  I'll be happy to help around the web site any way I can.  We should throw
in some <pinhead> and <flame> tags just for fun. :)

-Bill P.

@ 1997-03-25 14:04   ` David Lebel
From: David Lebel @ 1997-03-25 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: www.gnus.org
@ 1997-03-25 10:41 ` Samuel Tardieu
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 1997-03-25 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Andy> Well now we have a www.gnus.org... are there any works on the
Andy> contents, or will we just move the http://www.ifi.uio.no/~larsi
Andy> tree there?

Would it be possible to install some aliases for mail? Having
"sam@gnus.org" would make be very proud since I recommend Gnus to
almost any people I know :)))

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@ada.eu.org

* www.gnus.org
@ 1997-03-25  7:35 Andy Eskilsson
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1997-03-25  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well now we have a www.gnus.org... are there any works on the
contents, or will we just move the http://www.ifi.uio.no/~larsi tree
there?

I believe a touchup of both contents and structure of the gnus-pages
would be welcome!

	/Andy

--
 Hi I am an alien .sig, and at the moment I am having sex to your
 mind, by looking at your smile I can see that you like it.

 Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
 See <http://www.fukt.hk-r.se/~flognat/mail/> for more info.