* run agent in -batch mode reading a batch rc file instead of .gnus
@ 2002-09-10  8:11 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2002-09-10  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

that has been posted to gnu.emacs.gnus as well.

How can I run gnus in batch mode and force it to read some other rc
file instead of gnus.

I want a different setup for this batch run.
I know that if a file named ~/.gnus.el is present it will be read in
preference to .gnus, which comes pretty close, but then the file needs
deleting when batch is completed.

Seems like a sloppy way to do it, there could be moments when the
batch is running as webll as a live gnus.

Maybe a conditional at the start of .gnus that knows if its a batch
session reading .gnus.  If batch is found then a redirect to some
other file... Is that possible?

The easiest would be if I could tell gnus not to read ~/.gnus,
then I could just load what ever I wanted.