* announce: nnmaildir 2001.12.19
@ 2001-12-19 19:51 Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2001-12-19 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

<URL:http://multivac.cwru.edu./nnmaildir/>
One new function, nnmaildir-article-number-to-file-name, and two
bugfixes: -request-retrieve-headers was assuming the article range was
sorted in ascending order, which is not the case for [/ o]; and
-open-server was assumed to be called before anything else, which is
not always the case when defining a server in the *Server* buffer
(thanks to Harry Putnam for helping to find this one).

paul

* Re: announce: nnmaildir 2001.12.19
@ 2001-12-20 22:48 ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-12-20 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:

> <URL:http://multivac.cwru.edu./nnmaildir/>
> One new function, nnmaildir-article-number-to-file-name, and two
> bugfixes: -request-retrieve-headers was assuming the article range was
> sorted in ascending order, which is not the case for [/ o]; and
> -open-server was assumed to be called before anything else, which is
> not always the case when defining a server in the *Server* buffer
> (thanks to Harry Putnam for helping to find this one).

Paul, I noticed  a warning on our pages about skipping versions and
what it might cause, but I see no handy way to tell which version is
currently in use.  Nothing in the *.el file to indicate version.

I already know my version was the previous release but seems there
should be some way to tell.

Also maybe a condensed version of the info on our pages as a
`comments' section.  Findable with M-x finder-commentary.

I'm going to take a stab at that, and will send you the result.

Also, I've considered moving our discussion about nnmaildir from
gnu.emacs.gnus to here.  It has gotten somewhat detailed.

There should be a private message on you incoming spool some where
with a detailed report, see:

From: Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:15:22 -0800

* Re: announce: nnmaildir 2001.12.19
@ 2001-12-21  4:41   ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2001-12-21  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:
> prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:
>> <URL:http://multivac.cwru.edu./nnmaildir/>
>
> Paul, I noticed  a warning on our pages about skipping versions and
> what it might cause,

That hasn't really been an issue lately.  A few versions ago, there
was a big change in the on-disk format, and I put in some code to
migrate the old information so nothing would be lost, and then removed
that code later.  So skipping the version in the middle could be
harmful.  I doubt there will be any more such changes, and if there
are, we can keep the migration code around longer.

> but I see no handy way to tell which version is currently in use.
> Nothing in the *.el file to indicate version.

See the variable nnmaildir-version (which could probably be removed
now, since nnmaildir is now in CVS).

> Also maybe a condensed version of the info on our pages as a
> `comments' section.  Findable with M-x finder-commentary.

Ah - is that simply pulled from the comment at the top of the file?  I
think I can take care of that.  I'm working on an addition to the
manual, too.

> There should be a private message on you incoming spool some where
> with a detailed report, see:

I haven't seen it.  Resend?

@ 2001-12-21 11:37     ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-12-21 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)