* Hi!
@ 2001-04-01 23:33 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-04-01 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Long time, no see, and stuff.

I've just been through the gnu.emacs.gnus newsgroup, mopping up
unresolved issues, and when it's time to start on gnus.ding, the
weekend has mysteriously ended.

Oh, well.  Easter is in a couple of weeks, isn't it?  That's
loadsadays.

But the most pressing question at the moment is -- what on Earth are
we going to do about Oort Gnus merchandising?  It's been *months*
since Oort started, and nothing has been done!

I got a catalogue from the place that did the mugs, and I'm leafing
through it right now.  Two things that look OK to me are shorts and
clocks.  They have lots of shorts models, and they're all in the
"almost down to the knees" variety.  Looks OK to me.  And summer is
almost here, and stuff.

I can't quite think of a design that would fit...  (The design could
be either printed or stitched.)

Now, clocks seem like a better fit for Oort.  Imagine the clock face
-- black, with a Gnus logo in the middle, on a starry background, with
larger stars marking, say, 12, 3, 6 and 9.  Or all the hours.  The
stars could continue on the, er, whatchamacall it -- the thing that
goes around the wrist.  Unless a (fake) leather strap (that's it) is
used.  Which would probably be more comfortable for most people.

Both items are expesive(ish).  The clock would be USD 17 plus plus
plus (VAT, shipping, startup costs, etc), and the shorts would be
around USD 21.

Or we could do something else.  Or nothing at all.  Anybody got any
ideas/wishes/anything?