* summary of unread messages on pop server?
@ 2002-05-17 16:43 Bill White
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Bill White @ 2002-05-17 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm looking for an automated way to get a listing of unread messages
on my pop server.  I do this by hand:

ssh machinename <then keep that connection open>
mail

then when I find that I've received something interesting, I download
all my email with gnus.

Is there a better way to get the list of unread messages?  An elisp
way, perhaps, or some shell thingy whose output I can stick in a
buffer every minute or so?

Thanks -

bw
--