* sending mail through a specific server?
@ 2002-02-22 18:15 Bill White
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Bill White @ 2002-02-22 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

A local sysadmin has told me:

> Set gnus to send through mail.wolfram.com and receive through
> pop.wolfram.com.

The pop.wolfram.com part is easy:

(setq mail-sources
      '((pop :server "pop.wolfram.com"
	     :user "billw"
	     :dontexpunge nil)))

How do I set up gnus to send mail through mail.wolfram.com?  A grep
through the manual didn't help (surely my fault, not the manual's).

My gnus-post-method is "current".

Some background: mail from gnus to local usernames and aliases bounces
back with "unknown user" or some such error.  Instead, I have to send
to <username>@wolfram.com or <alias>@wolfram.com, which is a hassle.
Granted, there are some places where "hassles" are much bigger, but,
well,

Cheers -

bw
--