* Occassional Gnus posting problem
@ 2010-12-15 22:56 nyc4bos
From: nyc4bos @ 2010-12-15 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I sometimes experience an occassional posting problem that I'm trying
to track down.

After composing my post, I hit C-c C-c `message-send-and-exit'.

I then see a message that says:

  gnus-get-function: No such function: nntp-request-create-group

I then still see the "*unsent*" buffer.

Not sure if it went through, so I hit "C-c C-c" again.

I then see:

  message-send: Denied posting -- multiple copies

So I guess that means it went through (I'm still waiting to see
if the message I tried to send ends up on that newsgroup -- it
hasn't so far) even though the "*unsent*" buffer did not turn
into a "*sent*" buffer.

I did not see the "No such function" error the second time.

How can I track down the "No such function" error?

I'm using Gnus from bzr on December 14th, 2010.

Thanks.

* Re: Occassional Gnus posting problem
@ 2010-12-16 15:53 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-12-16 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

nyc4bos@aol.com writes:

> I sometimes experience an occassional posting problem that I'm trying
> to track down.
>
> After composing my post, I hit C-c C-c `message-send-and-exit'.
>
> I then see a message that says:
>
>   gnus-get-function: No such function: nntp-request-create-group

Are you Gcc-ing to an nntp group?

* Re: Occassional Gnus posting problem
@ 2010-12-16 21:42   ` nyc4bos
From: nyc4bos @ 2010-12-16 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> nyc4bos@aol.com writes:
>
>> I sometimes experience an occassional posting problem that I'm trying
>> to track down.
>>
>> After composing my post, I hit C-c C-c `message-send-and-exit'.
>>
>> I then see a message that says:
>>
>>   gnus-get-function: No such function: nntp-request-create-group
>
> Are you Gcc-ing to an nntp group?

Yes, it looks like that's it.

I now think this started occurring because it looks like there was
a recent change to how `gnus-outgoing-message-group' works.

I set a default to `gnus-outgoing-message-group' and used a
a function to change its value depending on which newsgroup
I'm in.

I looked at the documentation and it said that this is obsoleted
and to use 'gnus-message-archive-group'.

However, it appears that 'gnus-message-archive-group' cannot
use the function I was using as a drop-in-replacement:

gnus-inews-insert-gcc: Wrong type argument: stringp,
(gnus-choose-archive)

Previous to the change in 'gnus-outgoing-message-group', the
function caused the archive to go to a nnfolder for NNTP post.

* Re: Occassional Gnus posting problem
@ 2010-12-17  9:36     ` Julien Danjou
From: Julien Danjou @ 2010-12-17  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nyc4bos; +Cc: ding