* `A T' and `^' again
@ 2003-02-19 10:38 David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2003-02-19 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just reproduced this again, so I know I'm not crazy: I have a thread
with only one article showing.  `A T' produces no change in the
summary buffer. `^' will find the article's parent.  Some articles on
sibling branches in the thread are unreachable via `^', so I have to
`/ o' to see them.  When I do that, I can `^' up to their parent as
before.  What is going on with `A T'??

Thanks in advance,
Dave
--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

* Re: `A T' and `^' again
@ 2003-02-22 22:03 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-02-22 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Abrahams <dave@boost-consulting.com> writes:

> I just reproduced this again, so I know I'm not crazy: I have a thread
> with only one article showing.  `A T' produces no change in the
> summary buffer. `^' will find the article's parent.

What's the group, and what's the Message-ID of the article?

* Re: `A T' and `^' again
@ 2003-02-23 17:56   ` David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2003-02-23 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

> David Abrahams <dave@boost-consulting.com> writes:
>
>> I just reproduced this again, so I know I'm not crazy: I have a thread
>> with only one article showing.  `A T' produces no change in the
>> summary buffer. `^' will find the article's parent.
>
> What's the group, and what's the Message-ID of the article?

It's my nnimap agentized INBOX.  I've mostly seen this in my INBOX,
even when I wasn't using nnimap or the agent.  I don't have the
message-id anymore but I doubt it would be much help to you, would it?

Thanks,
Dave

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

* Re: `A T' and `^' again
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-02-24 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Abrahams <dave@boost-consulting.com> writes:

>>> I just reproduced this again, so I know I'm not crazy: I have a thread
>>> with only one article showing.  `A T' produces no change in the
>>> summary buffer. `^' will find the article's parent.
>>
>> What's the group, and what's the Message-ID of the article?
>
> It's my nnimap agentized INBOX.  I've mostly seen this in my INBOX,
> even when I wasn't using nnimap or the agent.  I don't have the
> message-id anymore but I doubt it would be much help to you, would it?

Hm...  I'm not all that familiar with the nnimap code myself.  But
`A T' just fetches the headers, and that should be the same for any
backend.  Or does nnimap do some magical re-mapping of Message-IDs?

* Re: `A T' and `^' again
@ 2003-02-24 22:28       ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-02-24 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>> What's the group, and what's the Message-ID of the article?
>>
>> It's my nnimap agentized INBOX.  I've mostly seen this in my INBOX,
>> even when I wasn't using nnimap or the agent.  I don't have the
>> message-id anymore but I doubt it would be much help to you, would it?
>
> Hm...  I'm not all that familiar with the nnimap code myself.  But
> `A T' just fetches the headers, and that should be the same for any
> backend.  Or does nnimap do some magical re-mapping of Message-IDs?

Nope.  Maybe A R works better?  I may be seeing the same thing, at
least I frequently try a combination of A T, A R and ^ until I get
what I want, although I never investigated it.

* Re: `A T' and `^' again
@ 2003-02-24 22:59         ` Christoph Conrad
From: Christoph Conrad @ 2003-02-24 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Simon,

as you(?) suggested some time ago i summarized calling the three
functions in a defun:

,----
| (defun cc-fetch-whole-thread()
|   "like `A R' `T o' `A T' in the summary buffer."
|   (interactive)
|   (gnus-summary-refer-references)
|   (gnus-summary-top-thread)
|   (gnus-summary-refer-thread))
|
| (define-key gnus-summary-mode-map (kbd "AT") 'cc-fetch-whole-thread)
`----

Beste Grüße,
cu, -cc-
--
Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers.
     Pablo Picasso