From: Kevin Greiner <kgreiner@xpediantsolutions.com>
Subject: Re: Threading wrong if showing undownloaded articles
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 23:46:55 -0600	[thread overview]

kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> See this summary buffer:
>

> As you can see, the \--\ markers have moved right for the messages
> that were selected for display.  Also, the threads aren't shown
> correctly -- after doing J u on that group and reentering I see
> proper thread trees.
>
> (The \--\ characters come from %B in gnus-summary-line-format.)

There is so little agent code exposed via the summary that I can't see
how the agent is the direct cause of this problem.  Are you using
gnus-agent-fetch-selected-article to download these articles?  If so,
the summary code redrew the lines to change the - to + in column 1 and
change the line's color.  It's possible that the summary didn't
position the fields correctly in the updated line.

You might this test function.
(defun test1 (article)
  (gnus-summary-goto-subject article nil t)
  (gnus-summary-update-article-line
        article
	 (gnus-summary-article-header article)))

The next time you notice that downloaded articles are misaligned, use
this function to force specified articles to update without calling
the agent.  In particular, try it on the article following the
incorrectly displayed articles.

Kevin