* Nnimap slightly faster
@ 2002-01-12 13:46 Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-01-12 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I checked in a few improvements to nnimap, it should be slightly
faster when entering/leaving groups now.

I also made some bug workaround code conditional on
‘nnimap-need-unselect-to-notice-new-mail’ as well
(defaults= to nil), so if you use a IMAP server that doesn't
notice new mail in a group unless you select another group, try
enabling it (and please tell me if you need to, if several people
need it maybe it should be the default).  The report about the bug
was against a (now) old version of UoW with some uncommon mail
backend, I believe.

* Re: Nnimap slightly faster
@ 2002-01-14 15:28 ` Nevin Kapur
From: Nevin Kapur @ 2002-01-14 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I checked in a few improvements to nnimap, it should be slightly
> faster when entering/leaving groups now.

It certainly feels like that.  Or maybe this is the result of bumping
up gc-cons-threshold, as suggested in another thread.

--
Nevin

* Re: Nnimap slightly faster
@ 2002-01-15 20:33   ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2002-01-15 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nevin Kapur <nevin@jhu.edu> writes:

>> I checked in a few improvements to nnimap, it should be
>> slightly faster when entering/leaving groups now.
>
> It certainly feels like that.  Or maybe this is the result of
> bumping up gc-cons-threshold, as suggested in another thread.

It is probably the nnimap changes, it used to select the mailbox
three times when entering a group and closing it on exit.  Now it
only selects it once on entry and never closes mailboxes.

* Re: Nnimap slightly faster
@ 2002-01-15 22:05 ` Jody Klymak
From: Jody Klymak @ 2002-01-15 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> I checked in a few improvements to nnimap, it should be slightly
> faster when entering/leaving groups now.

Just upgraded to latest CVS.  I find entering/leaving groups *much*
faster now.  Thanks for the improvements!

Cheers,   Jody