* Gnus and GPLv3
@ 2007-08-31 10:38 Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-08-31 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miles Bader; +Cc: ding

Hi Miles,

you didn't sync the GPLv3 change from v5-10 to the trunk yet.  Would
you like to do it or should some other developer go ahead?

If the latter...

It should be quite simple:

$ grep -A1 'Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or' *.el

... shows that all these are GPLv2+ (GPL version 2 or later):

;; the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
;; any later version.

$ sed -i -e 's|Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or|Free Software Foundation; either version 3, or|' *.el

Then add the following ChangeLog entry and commit the files:

        * Relicense all FSF files to GPLv3 or later.

The following files in should also be relicensed (they are not in
Emacs 22; same for files added in No Gnus):

lisp/:

dgnushack.el
gnus-xmas.el
messagexmas.el
nnheaderxm.el

texi/:

infohack.el
gnus-news.el

texi/texi2latex.el doesn't have a proper header, I'll ask Lars about it.

We should also check, if the FSF postal address has been updated in
all files.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Gnus and GPLv3
@ 2007-08-31 12:49 ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2007-08-31 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> you didn't sync the GPLv3 change from v5-10 to the trunk yet.  Would
> you like to do it or should some other developer go ahead?

I can do it but it'll have to wait 'til monday (I don't have ssh access
from home right now, I'm still reading email at mangaland :-)

-Miles
--
/\ /\
(^.^)

* Re: Gnus and GPLv3
@ 2007-09-13 22:18   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-09-13 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On 2007-08-31 13:49 +0100, Miles Bader wrote:
> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>> you didn't sync the GPLv3 change from v5-10 to the trunk yet.  Would
>> you like to do it or should some other developer go ahead?
>
> I can do it but it'll have to wait 'til monday (I don't have ssh access
> from home right now, I'm still reading email at mangaland :-)
>
> -Miles

News?

--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

=>             "(require 'cl) considered harmful" considered harmful
=>           http://dto.freeshell.org/blog/blog-2007-09-07-2323.html

* Re: Gnus and GPLv3
@ 2007-10-04 19:25 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-10-04 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)