* group name abbreviations?
@ 1998-11-24 19:28 Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1998-11-24 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have named my groups according to logical considerations.  For
instance, I have the two groups nnml:projects.EUROgatherer and
nnml:projects.EUROsearch because there are thusly named projects I
work on.

I work on nnml:projects.EUROgatherer so often that it's getting on my
nerves having to always type the long name.  Even with group name
completion, it's too much.

Is it possible to define group name abbreviations, available for use
in `B m' or M-x gnus-group-jump-to-group RET prompts?  (Without
renaming the group, that is.)

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.

* Re: group name abbreviations?
@ 1998-11-24 20:17 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-11-24 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:

> Is it possible to define group name abbreviations, available for use
> in `B m' or M-x gnus-group-jump-to-group RET prompts?  (Without
> renaming the group, that is.)

I think the thing to do is to just use abbrev mode, define some nice
abbrevs, and use those.  (I assume that one can use abbrevs in the
minibuffer...)

* Re: group name abbreviations?
@ 1998-11-26 14:55   ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1998-11-26 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

  > I think the thing to do is to just use abbrev mode, define some nice
  > abbrevs, and use those.  (I assume that one can use abbrevs in the
  > minibuffer...)

Hm.  M-: (setq enable-recursive-minibuffers t) RET, then `B m', then
M-x define-mode-abbrev RET, then...

,-----
| Major mode has no abbrev table
`-----