* Subscription Question
@ 2000-08-08 12:37 Arnd Kohrs
From: Arnd Kohrs @ 2000-08-08 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

while fiddling with a self-made backend, I experience the following
undesired behavior:

I have a server which is created in the server buffer and exposes like
the following upon pressing "e":

(nntmf "fool.com"
       (nntmf-address "boards.fool.com"))

When I subscribe to a group on this server and edit this group's select
method via "G e" i shows as follows:

(nntmf "fool.com"
       (nntmf-address "boards.fool.com"))

But this is undesired (and wrong I believe), and I actually would be
happier with

(nntmf "fool.com")

(which is now achieved by editing the select method each time I
subscribe to a new group)

After some debugging sessions within the subscription mechanics of gnus
I am still clueless how to get there.  Maybe there is something to be
considered within the backend's code? And BTW what's the difference
between "nntmf:fool.com" and (nntmf "fool.com")? Hm this sounds like a
FAQ but anyway help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Arnd.
--
Arnd Kohrs  -  Institut Eurecom - http://www.eurecom.fr/~kohrs

The Active WebMuseum: Your personalized access to art paintings.
 Visit now ->  http://www.eurecom.fr/~kohrs/museum.html