* Inexplicable F/S w behavior
@ 2000-02-09 12:05 Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 2000-02-09 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

I get enough mail at work that's been CC'd from here to eternity
that I'm just in the habit of using 'F' (apparently equivalent
to 'S w') to reply to messages. Then I delete the CC's as
appropriate.  (This is all in 5.8.3, btw)

So recently I got a message from somone and discovered that neither
F nor S w do "the right thing". Rather than saying

  To: xxx@yyy.com
  CC: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>

it says simply

  To: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>

So I looked at all the headers on the message and only two headers
(that I think could possibly be significant) differ. The message
causing the bad behavior has:

  Return-Receipt-To: xxx@yyy.com

So I thought that reply-to might be the problem (although it is
correct).  But, even if I set broken-reply-to in the group
parameters, I still get the bad behavior.

Any thoughts?

Here are the complete headers from the message that causes the
bad behavior:

To: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Subject: docbook/xml
Return-Receipt-To: xxx@yyy.com
From: <xxx@yyy.com>
Date: 08 Feb 2000 21:13:38 -0500

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | All things are contingent. And
http://nwalsh.com/                 | there is chaos.--Spalding Gray

* Re: Inexplicable F/S w behavior
@ 2000-02-09 13:03 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-02-09 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

This header means what you think it means: the author doesn't want
copies of the mail.

Kinda stupid for personal mail that's not going to a list...

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory