* M-x nnmail-split-history RET
@ 1998-10-14 21:21 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-10-14 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does it output the messages in reverse order, most recently splitted
message first?

Sometimes, I get a new mail and type g and then look at the split
history, and it's got >10 entries.  Can't imagine that I got that many
mails.  Maybe if the mail I got is a duplicate (because I got it twice
or because it's from me and I've already got a Gcc'd copy), Gnus just
silently deletes it and it doesn't show up in the split history at all?

kai
--
I wonder why nobody don't like me,
or is it de fact dat I'm ugly? -- Harry Belafonte

* Re: M-x nnmail-split-history RET
@ 1998-10-14 23:52 ` Chris Tessone
From: Chris Tessone @ 1998-10-14 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

    Kai> Sometimes, I get a new mail and type g and then look at the
    Kai> split history, and it's got >10 entries.  Can't imagine that
    Kai> I got that many mails.  Maybe if the mail I got is a
    Kai> duplicate (because I got it twice or because it's from me and
    Kai> I've already got a Gcc'd copy), Gnus just silently deletes it
    Kai> and it doesn't show up in the split history at all?

AFAIK, Gnus doesn't delete duplicates. That would be slightly
frightening.

Chris

--
Chris Tessone         tessone@fnal.gov         tessone@imsa.edu
PH/sendmail SNPC        System Administration        Perl/Shell

* Re: M-x nnmail-split-history RET
@ 1998-10-15  0:15   ` Francisco Solsona
From: Francisco Solsona @ 1998-10-15  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris Tessone <tessone@imsa.edu> writes:

>     Kai> Sometimes, I get a new mail and type g and then look at the
>     Kai> split history, and it's got >10 entries.  Can't imagine that
>     Kai> I got that many mails.  Maybe if the mail I got is a
>     Kai> duplicate (because I got it twice or because it's from me and
>     Kai> I've already got a Gcc'd copy), Gnus just silently deletes it
>     Kai> and it doesn't show up in the split history at all?
>
> AFAIK, Gnus doesn't delete duplicates. That would be slightly
> frightening.

	It doesn't by default, but you can do

(setq nnmail-treat-duplicates  'delete)

which is supposed to delete duplicates, though. OTOH, I've noticed the
same as Kai, more than one entry for a single mail in the
nnmail-split-history, I've never care too much about it.

Francisco
--
I've had a perfectly wonderful evening.  But this wasn't it.
		-- Groucho Marx

* Re: M-x nnmail-split-history RET
@ 1998-10-15 10:11   ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-10-15 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  > AFAIK, Gnus doesn't delete duplicates. That would be slightly
  > frightening.

See the variable nnmail-treat-duplicates.

kai
--

@ 1998-10-17 20:59 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-10-17 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE> writes:

> Does it output the messages in reverse order, most recently splitted
> message first?

Yes, I think so.

> Sometimes, I get a new mail and type g and then look at the split
> history, and it's got >10 entries.  Can't imagine that I got that many
> mails.  Maybe if the mail I got is a duplicate (because I got it twice
> or because it's from me and I've already got a Gcc'd copy), Gnus just
> silently deletes it and it doesn't show up in the split history at all?

Hm.  Could you try to make note of when this happens?