* cl in message.el, etc
@ 2002-04-19 21:41 Josh Huber
From: Josh Huber @ 2002-04-19 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was thinking of changing this:

 	     (eval
 	      (apply 'append '(or)
 		     (mapcar
 		      #'(lambda (regexp)
 			  (mapcar
 			   #'(lambda (recipient)
 			       `(when (string-match ,regexp ,recipient)
 				  ,recipient))
 			   recipients))
 		      mft-regexps)))))

to this:

 	     (loop for regexp in mft-regexps and recipient in recipients
 	       thereis (when (string-match regexp recipient)
 			 recipient))))

Since It's a lot shorter, and (I think) easier to read.

But, the CL loop macro looks pretty disgusting when mixed in with
other lisp code IMHO, and I think we're supposed to try to avoid using
cl in the Gnus code. (even though (eval-when-compile (require 'cl)) is
all over the place)

Does this sound ok?

--
Josh Huber