* Re: procmail and split
       [not found] <wtn1ywkut9t.fsf@licia.dtek.chalmers.se>
@ 2000-11-10  9:08 ` Kai Großjohann
       [not found]   ` <wtny9yst4y9.fsf@licia.dtek.chalmers.se>
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-11-10  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10 Nov 2000, Jonas Steverud wrote:

> Any good spam-blocking split-rules btw?

I think some people look at the To and Cc headers; if the message
isn't to a mailing list you're on or contains your address in those
headers, it's classified as spam.

Of course, that fails for Bcc'd messages.

kai
--
The arms should be held in a natural and unaffected way and never
be conspicuous. -- Revised Technique of Latin American Dancing

* Re: procmail and split
       [not found]   ` <wtny9yst4y9.fsf@licia.dtek.chalmers.se>
@ 2000-11-10 12:55     ` Kai Großjohann
       [not found]       ` <wtnbsvk702i.fsf@licia.dtek.chalmers.se>
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-11-10 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can use `B q' to ask Gnus where it would put the current message.
And then there's `B t' which sounds promising but I've never tried it.

And I don't think there's any builtin functionality for adding headers
to messages while splitting.

kai
--

@ 2000-11-10 13:17       ` Chmouel Boudjnah
       [not found]       ` <wtnbsvk702i.fsf@licia.dtek.chalmers.se>
From: Chmouel Boudjnah @ 2000-11-10 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> You can use `B q' to ask Gnus where it would put the current message.
> And then there's `B t' which sounds promising but I've never tried it.

this look like both have the same effect.

--
MandrakeSoft Inc                     http://www.chmouel.org
                      --Chmouel

* Re: procmail and split
@ 2000-11-10 16:36         ` Christopher Splinter
From: Christopher Splinter @ 2000-11-10 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Chmouel Boudjnah <chmouel@mandrakesoft.com> wrote:

>> You can use `B q' to ask Gnus where it would put the current
>> message.  And then there's `B t' which sounds promising but
>> I've never tried it.
> this look like both have the same effect.

There is a difference if you use fancy mail splitting: `B q' only
shows you where the mail would go, `B t' also shows you a trace.

* Re: procmail and split
       [not found]       ` <wtnbsvk702i.fsf@licia.dtek.chalmers.se>
@ 2000-11-13 16:11         ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-11-13 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 13 Nov 2000, Jonas Steverud wrote:
> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
>> And I don't think there's any builtin functionality for adding
>> headers to messages while splitting.
>
> That was bad news. I use it to track the rules (i.e. B t) but I want
> the information stored, i,e, much later see why a mail ended up in
> the Spam group.

Hm.  You might be able to hack it yourself by finding out how the
splitting function is called (which buffer, etc) and then you could
insert the headers yourself.

kai