* Re: Oort Gnus branch
@ 2000-10-01 16:44 Sean Doran
From: Sean Doran @ 2000-10-01 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

| Another thought is that maybe we would like to do it like Emacs does
| it.  So, how does Emacs handle the branches?

NetBSD creates a tag to represent a forthcoming release; ongoing day-to-day
"-current" development continues in the trunk, while changes to
the potential-release-tag may be pulled-up only by a "release engineer".
Generally only important bug fixes, rather than new features, are pulled up.

At some point the releng folks are satisfied that the branch is ready
to be tarred up as an actual release, and out goes the latest non-CVS version.

Likewise, critical fixes can be pulled up into older already-released
branches, for the benefit of people who deliberately run older releases
for stability or other reasons.

	Sean.

* Oort Gnus branch
@ 2000-09-30 23:41 ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-09-30 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

October is coming. Gnus v5.9.0 emerges. It's time for oGnus.  If no
one objects, I'll create the branch.

ShengHuo