* [??] split into non-nnml
@ 1996-08-12 16:55 Colin Rafferty
From: Colin Rafferty @ 1996-08-12 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to have a group in my `nnmail-split-fancy' that is not
nnml.  I have `gnus-secondary-select-methods' set to nnml, but I would
like to have one kind incoming mail split be a different method.

Could anyone either point me in the right direction, or tell me that I
am out of luck?  Thank you.
--
This posting adheres to the SELF-DISCIPLINE guidelines for better
USENET discussions. See http://www.eiffel.com/discipline.

* Re: [??] split into non-nnml
@ 1996-08-13  8:15 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-08-13  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Colin Rafferty <craffert@spspme.ml.com> writes:

> I would like to have a group in my `nnmail-split-fancy' that is not
> nnml.  I have `gnus-secondary-select-methods' set to nnml, but I would
> like to have one kind incoming mail split be a different method.
>
> Could anyone either point me in the right direction, or tell me that I
> am out of luck?  Thank you.

There is no way to do this, I'm afraid.  Hm.  It would require quite a
big rewrite to do something like this, I think.

* Re: [??] split into non-nnml
@ 1996-08-14 14:22   ` Jost Krieger
From: Jost Krieger @ 1996-08-14 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

 Lars> Colin Rafferty <craffert@spspme.ml.com> writes:

 >> I would like to have a group in my `nnmail-split-fancy' that is
 >> not nnml.  I have `gnus-secondary-select-methods' set to nnml, but
 >> I would like to have one kind incoming mail split be a different
 >> method.
 >>
 >> Could anyone either point me in the right direction, or tell me
 >> that I am out of luck?  Thank you.

 Lars> There is no way to do this, I'm afraid.  Hm.  It would require
 Lars> quite a big rewrite to do something like this, I think.

Could we at least plan something like this for Quality Gnus (or what will qgnus-... be?)?

I have the following problem: My mail needs to be prefiltered (by mailagent in this case),
as I need to throw away some stuff (for disk space reasons, and I'm the postmaster).
(Daemon mode seems to work only half, by the way. More later, I hope.)

So it would be very nice to have nnmail-split-fancy group-local (or topic-local, or what),
with most groups just feeding into their own group (ehh?).

Jost
--
Jost Krieger, Postmaster, Rechenzentrum der Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum
Jost.Krieger@rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de

* Re: [??] split into non-nnml
@ 1996-08-15  9:20     ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-08-15  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Jost> So it would be very nice to have nnmail-split-fancy
  Jost> group-local (or topic-local, or what), with most groups just
  Jost> feeding into their own group (ehh?).

I'm not sure what you want, but if you mean that you have mailagent
write mail into the foo.spool and bar.spool files, and you want mail
from foo.spool to go in the foo group and mail from bar.spool to go
into the bar group, then I advise you to have a look at
nnmail-use-procmail and nnmail-procmail-directory and
nnmail-procmail-suffix.

hth,
kai
--