* Picon questions
@ 2002-01-12 19:08 Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 2002-01-12 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

The automatic picon creator referenced off the indiana.edu pages is
AWOL, not accepting connections.  Can someone tell me a suitable
pipeline to convert a given face.gif to a picon-compatible colormap?
They're supposed to be reduced to a 32-color set.  I started using
picons just today, and I'm using a mess of new *.gif that I've
created, but they're surely not within the right color parameters as
discussed at indiana.edu.

Also, it seems to me that, once people have picked up the picon
*.tar.Z files, they'll never again get them (they're huge).  Is there
any sort of auto-update scheme, I suppose in a subscription motif,
where one could be notified of new picons' availability?