* tunneling nntp connection
@ 2000-10-31 13:28 Paul Stevenson
From: Paul Stevenson @ 2000-10-31 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
apologies for using the list, not the newsgroup, but since posting via
NNTP is tricky, this is the easiest way:

One may only post messages to the news-server here via one machine.
It is not the machine I run emacs and gnus on.  From my machine I can
read news, which is what I do.  When I want to post, I log on to an
old account on the other side of the world and post from there, which
is silly.

What I'd like to be able to do, is post by having gnus rsh to machine
x, and then telnet news.machine nntp from there. I thought using
nntp-open-rlogin might be what I want but it seems to imply I need
shell access on the same machine which hosts the news server?

Ideally I'd like to continue reading by connecting to the same
newsserver directly, but I don't suppose support for such an odd
request is yet present...

--
.  Dr Paul Stevenson   .   Reasearch Fellow   .   University of Surrey  .
.     phone: +44 (0) 1483 876795     .     fax +44 (0) 1483 876781      .