* "best/first group" when only ticked articles remain everywhere
@ 1997-11-09 23:11 Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 1997-11-09 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Another entry on the wouldn't-it-be-neat-if front.

A fairly common scenario for me is that I read a whole lot of stuff
lightly, not going for detail, while marking a bunch of maybe-
interesting articles for a detailed re-read later.

When I get through everything, I end up with a *Group* buffer
containing nothing but groups marked with a `*'.  At such a point, I'd
like to get to the topmost group "easily."  To me, this means hitting
something like `,' or `.' which want to find best/first _unread_
group.  How hard would it be to modify this behavior to do a fall-back
to best/first group with _anything_ in it if there are no groups with
genuinely unread articles available?

* Re: "best/first group" when only ticked articles remain everywhere
@ 1997-11-13 21:26 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-11-13 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Kleinpaste <karl@jprc.com> writes:

> When I get through everything, I end up with a *Group* buffer
> containing nothing but groups marked with a `*'.  At such a point, I'd
> like to get to the topmost group "easily."  To me, this means hitting
> something like `,' or `.' which want to find best/first _unread_
> group.  How hard would it be to modify this behavior to do a fall-back
> to best/first group with _anything_ in it if there are no groups with
> genuinely unread articles available?

It wouldn't be difficult at all, but it's a rather special case, so I
don't feel that this is useful enough to warrant adding to Gnus.