* my inattentiveness, and agent/imap
@ 2000-05-02 23:01 Justin Sheehy
From: Justin Sheehy @ 2000-05-02 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been very busy of late due to a new job and some other
changes, and thus have not been reading ding and g.e.g quite as
thoroughly as I used to.  If something comes up that merits a change
to the FAQ and I don't do anything about it, feel free to send me
email alerting me to that.

I finally am in a situation where the combination of nnimap and
nnagent is useful (actually, pretty much necessary) for me.  It seems
to be almost working, yet I apparently missed something.

I added (gnus-agentize) to the end of my .gnus.el and added my nnimap
server to the agent with `J a'.  I can do things when plugged such as
`J s', which seems to succeed at transferring articles.  However, when
I start Gnus unplugged, all of my groups are *'ed out.  If I try to do
a M-g on a group while unplugged, I get:

<group name here> error: Invalid group (no such directory)

Thus, unpluggedness isn't too useful.

Also, the next time that I start Gnus plugged after going unplugged,
all groups are *'ed out.  M-g on a group in this state does succeed in
scanning the group and making it live.

I must be missing something simple in my agent setup.  Any ideas?

-Justin