* nndraft and "expired" articles
@ 1996-02-13 17:33 Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1996-02-13 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Shouldn't nndraft treat expired articles just like the other back ends?  I
mean expired articles should not show up in the Summary buffer unless I do
C-u Ret to enter the group.

This is not the case.  The draft group keeps telling me I have four
articles sitting in it and when I enter the group, it is always the same
four.  I explicitly hit E to get them to go away, but they show up the next
time I enter the group.

Am I forgetting a simple group setting that will get them to go away?

Jack

* Re: nndraft and "expired" articles
@ 1996-02-14  9:13 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-02-14  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Jack> Shouldn't nndraft treat expired articles just like the other
  Jack> back ends?  I mean expired articles should not show up in the
  Jack> Summary buffer unless I do C-u Ret to enter the group.

nndraft is explicitly set up so that no message is expired, ever.
You'll have to `B DEL' the messages, I'm afraid.  Normally, though,
there should only be `interesting' messages in them, anyway (messages
that you have begun writing but not finished).

C-c C-k is supposed to really abort writing a message, I think.

        kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.

* Re: nndraft and "expired" articles
@ 1996-02-14 16:06 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-02-14 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu (Jack Vinson) writes:

> Shouldn't nndraft treat expired articles just like the other back ends?  I
> mean expired articles should not show up in the Summary buffer unless I do
> C-u Ret to enter the group.
>
> This is not the case.  The draft group keeps telling me I have four
> articles sitting in it and when I enter the group, it is always the same
> four.

All articles in the draft groups are permanently unread.  Article
marks in that group do not stick.  If you want those articles to go
away, you have to delete them manually (with `B DEL').

* Re: nndraft and "expired" articles
@ 1996-02-14 17:52   ` Joe Hildebrand
From: Joe Hildebrand @ 1996-02-14 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

> "Lars" == Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> writes:

   Lars> All articles in the draft groups are permanently unread.
   Lars> Article marks in that group do not stick.  If you want those
   Lars> articles to go away, you have to delete them manually (with
   Lars> `B DEL').

Can you bind [delete] in gnus-summary-backend-map, as well as \0177?
For some reason, my delete key only generates the keysym, and the
charcode doesn't work.  Perhaps it is a problem on my end, but it is a
simple addition to the code, I think.

--
Joe Hildebrand                  Fuentez Systems Concepts
hildjj@fuentez.com              11781 Lee-Jackson Hwy, Suite 700

* Re: nndraft and "expired" articles
@ 1996-02-14 18:43     ` Mark Boyns
From: Mark Boyns @ 1996-02-14 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

    >> "Lars" == Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> writes:
    Lars> All articles in the draft groups are permanently unread.
    Lars> Article marks in that group do not stick.  If you want those
    Lars> articles to go away, you have to delete them manually (with
    Lars> `B DEL').

    Joe> Can you bind [delete] in gnus-summary-backend-map, as well as
    Joe> \0177?  For some reason, my delete key only generates the
    Joe> keysym, and the charcode doesn't work.  Perhaps it is a
    Joe> problem on my end, but it is a simple addition to the code, I
    Joe> think.

This works for me:

(define-key gnus-summary-mode-map "\177" 'gnus-summary-delete-article)

--
Mark Boyns <boyns@sdsu.edu> <URL:http://www.sdsu.edu/~boyns/>
PGP fingerprint = D3 28 A2 F7 D1 4C F8 EE  BF 7A 11 54 1C E5 6E CC